Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hello!

hi everyone, its been absolutely ages since ive been on here! just wanted to say i hope your all doing ok and hopefully feeling back to normal lol and that your lo's are doing well! Kayleigh is doing really well bless her and loves her food,she weighed 7lbs 2oz at birth and now weighs 9lbs 11oz!! she hasnt lost weight at all since birth, just continued to put it on! she is 6weeks old today, took her for 6week check other day and when the dr chescked her hips she didnt like it at all and decided to scream the surgery down lol but all seems well though. Not sure if any of you felt like it but me and my husband were so petrified of everything at first and now we just seem so at ease and get on with it and feel much more confident. she is so adorable and its as though she's always been here and cant imagine life without her bless. The waking up for feeds is so tiring, she settles about 9pm then wakes around 2am then 6am, what makes me laugh is i use to cope with waking for a wee etc when i was pregnant but i struggle to wake to feed her, im always half asleep lol, im slowly getting use to it though. well i feel ive written an essay here, wont bore you anymore and hope to get on here for a chat soon. xxx

Replies

• hello. it is a challenge waking up in night. she often ends up popperd up wrongly! oh what fun!
  • Hello! Sorry for the late reply-dont think any of us get half a chance to be on here lately! It sounds like you're doing a fab job and that kayleigh is doing really well!xx
  • Hey,
    Glad all is going well. Bit of a life change isn't it!! lol. Night feeds seem be to dwindling now that ds has reached 8 weeks so hang in there!! xx
  • hi

she sounds like she is doing really well, and i agree with little p my night feeds seemed to have stopped now from about 8 weeks

Mari