Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ouch poor Leah :(

Today i finished eating and put my plate on the floor while i finished my coffee and Leah came walking in with a big smile to see me she walked over to me and just as she got to the plate she fell over and landed on the fork it hit her in the eye the prongs image she started crying and rubbing her eye i was so scared to look so just hugged her until she calmed down then i saw blood so i asked Lexie to look at her eye and said is it ok she said yes so i looked and her eyelid is messed up but as i was 99.9% sure it didnt go into her eye ball i rang the doctors and got her in to see them straight away the doctor had a good look and said she was very lucky it didnt look like it had got her in the eye just her eyelid poor little thing looks like shes been in a fight image im not squeemish but just couldnt look at first incase she had really hurt herself so moral of the story is to never put my plate on the floor again i feel so guilty image even though it was a freak accident that i never thought would happen her eyelid is cut and bruised and puffed up image but she was so lucky it wasnt worse.

Replies

• Oh bless her, I hope she's ok now-they bounce back from these things. I get so paranoid about accidents, my big thing is hot liquid , I'm terrified of max getting burnt-if someone has a cup of tea I can't take my eyes off it until it been drunk and I now only use the back burners on my gas hob as I'm scared of a pan tipping over especially as max is always around my ankles when I'm cooking.

They're such a liability at this age-we've had a few near misses with things I would never even consider dangerous. He also has a worrying new habit of liking thinks draped around his shoulders he had my dressing gown cord the other day-that's now in the back of the cupboard!xx