Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What are you doing for lo birthday?

Hi guys i cant believe where the time has gone but all our little ones will be 1 soon so i was just wondering what everyone was doing for their lo's birthday i think we are having a little tea party with a couple of her friends or we might go to wakky warehouse or similar i just want her to have a lovely day so any other ideas on what to do would be great as we might change our minds lol ;\)

Replies

• I'm not sure either. We haven't got room at our house for lots of people so may do a tea party just for the grandparents. Was thinking of a special trip to the zoo and then our friends who have kiddies could cone too x
  • Peter's birthday is on a Monday this year and I have a two hour appointment in hospital so he will be going to work with dad. I will then meet him for lunch and we will have a chocolate cake with our tea. :\)

My in-laws are coming to see him on the Saturday and on the Sunday there is going to be a big group party for all the babies in my mother and baby group. It grew out of our antenatal group, so all the babies were born within 6-7 weeks of each other. After all that excitement, I don't think any of us are going to be up for much on the day itself! :lol:
  • I would like to have a small get together at our house. Nothing too big, but a few friends, food and some yummy birthday cake. x
  • i wld like to go to the zoo for the doay (haven't been yet!!!!) and/or havea little birthday do with some cake and a friew mummies and babies. looks liek we might end up being in belgium tho! depends on how mong his passport takes to come back and when the MIL books our tickets, i really hope it doesn't end up being on his birthday, as i don't wanna spend his first birthday not being able to undesrtand what everyones saying, i just know it'll mar it for me.

xx
  • I have to work image So does my OH. One of my NCT friends has asked if she could have Freya for the morning, and then I'll come home from work early and we'll have a little party. But mainly we are going to have a family party the weekend after, and a joint NCT party a couple of weeks before.

• We might have a little get together the weekend before with friends from tots groups. On her actual birthday we're going to go out for the day (OH is off work) then grandparents will pop over early evening. I have to go to my night class so it will be a quiet evening with her daddy