Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you dress you lo in in this hot weather?

As the title says really.
I took Riley out yesterday and he got really warm in his car seat, took him out and his back was all sweaty. He was wearing a vest, trousers and t-shirt. So what do you dress your lo's in or what do you do to keep them cool in a car?!
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Well in the car we put the air con on, but if im in my mums car with her we put the windows down so its blowy on her!

Clothes wise shes just been in sun dresses with a nappy, no vest!

For a little boy I'd be tempted to just put him in shorts and tshirt no vest, no socks. I always take spare clothes out with me so I can put more layers on if it goes cool.

xxx
  • Options
    I've got Peter in trousers and a T-shirt with no vest today. We don't have a car so that isn't an issue for us, but I am trying to keep him in the shade and out of stuffy rooms. It is difficult, isn't it?
  • Options
    Well, Daisy-Mae is a hot little thing!

So, when we are out and about, in the car seat etc, she has on just a very light summer dress and nappy. Yesterday, she spent the vast majority of the day just in her nappy, with all the windows open etc and she was still sweaty! Last night, she went to bed with just a 0.5 tog sleeping bag and a nappy on!

When we were out on Sunday, she was lying in her pram with light cotton dress on and was still boiling, so I have to say that I took her dress off and lay her back in the pram, with the parasol over her.. I was very careful about who was looking at her and kept the parasol over her the whole time - I'm paranoid!! Somebody will probably read this and think I am wrong for leaving her without any clothes on, but she was completely shaded from the sun and prying eyes, so there was little else I could have done...

It is really difficult - I'm thinking of getting one of those Shade a Babe things for the pram, but then not sure because Missy likes to see everything that's going on!

Yesterday, in Waitrose with the air conditioning on, she was still boiling.. It's a constant worry for me!!!

C xxx
  • Options
    I have put Nico in a summer romper suit with no vest in the day or just a nappy and short sleeve t shirt.

When I put him down at night I put him in a light cotton sleepsuit with no vest and when it goes colder in night in his summer 1 tog gro bag.
    Dani
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I'm gonna put the vests away until the sun goes (probably won't be too long I know!).

Where do you all get your light sleeping bags from? I went looking in Asda and a few places yesterday but they only seem to do 2.5 tog, unless thats all they had left.

I got him some romper suits yesterday, but they're supposed to be for bed, I know it doesn't really matter!
    xxx
  • Options
    The romper suits are fab as i find shorts and t-shirt with no vest really irritating as the tshirt rides up whenever i pick up lo.

Max gets really hot and has a cracking heat rash so we put in him just a cotton romper and i strip him to the nuddies for some of the day.

He sleeps in a bodysuit-no legs and short sleaves x
  • Options
    Hi, Amelia has been in shorts and t shirt - No vest when out and about but when at home just in her nappy. At night she's been in bodysuit - No legs and short sleeves with thin sheet over her. She does prefer to be in sleeping bag but her room is so hot I think she'll melt!!
  • Options
    hi i've been putting Austin in a shortsleeved vest and then either shorts and a t shirt or a shorter romper suit. he sleeps in a 1.5tog sleepbag witha long sleeved bodysuit so his arms aren't bare. i do have a couple of 0.5tog sleepbags too, so when it starts getting really hot he'll be in those and a short sleeve bodysuit. also we do generally have the window open most of the night, but i tend to shut it at 5.30am cos it can be a bit chilly then.

xx
  • Options
    hi kel if im not goin out, i just keep harrison in his nappy or a vest or ramper suit he sleeps in just a nappy most nites as its been so hot but not its cooled dwn can start puttin his clothes on him b4 thy 2 small lol x