Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The NHS made a BIG mistake!

Hi girls. Well as some of you know Lydia has been having trouble gaining weight and was admitted to hospital last week as she lost 1oz. We were discharged on Wednesday and had an outpaitient appointment yesterday to check she had gained weigh with the top up of formula she had been having. I took her yesterday expecting her to have gained a good few ounces as she felt so much bigger. She was weighed and was only 5lb 1oz- a loss of 4oz!!!!
I questioned the consultant and told him she had grown but he insisted the scales couldn't be that far out. She was re admitted to hospital this morning to be tested for rare conditions such as over active thyroid.
After having blood taken from both feet and collecting stool and urine samples they decided to weigh her. She weighed 6lb 4oz. She has actually put on 1lb not lost 4oz!!!!! There is no way she put that n over night- the scales yesterday were obviously way out. Not had any apology for the stress and worry over the last 24 hours but a complaint is being made!

So when your baby gets weighed just make sure the scales actually work!!

Michelle and Lydia- 7 weeks

Replies

• oh that's awful! the leasr they shld do isvapologise after everything u,ve been trhu in the pasr week or so. it's worrying that they can make such a giant mistake.

glad she's put on weight now tho, must feel like a load has been lifted off ur shoulders

xx
  • How incompetent, can't even weigh your little one right. Hope you have managed to de-stress after such a horrible time but so glad little one is gaining weight

xx