Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09

O/T FAO The Wedding Planners!

There seems to be a few of us in here so was just wondering when you're all getting married and how your plans are coming along? x

Replies

• well we have booked the wedding and the wedding package in the seychells and ive got my dress/underwear/shoes/tiara but thats it and were getting married in aug' so we really need to pull our fingers out :lol: but in our defence,its a little harder for us as h2b works away mon-fri but for the past month and will be till april hes working away for 2wks at a time and when he comes home i want him to spend as much time with the kids,so how are your plans coming along

sarah
  • p.s forgot to say iam getting married on the 12th aug and we set off on the 7th,cant wait

sarah
  • A wedding in the Seychelles sounds lovely! Have you got any family going? August will come round in no time!

We're getting married on Nissi Bay in Cyprus on 4th October, we go on 29th September. We've booked flights there and hotel but that's about it! I've ordered my dress so just waiting for that to come and hoping it will be ok as I've ordered it from a chinese company! Really got to get on with booking other stuff but it makes me feel a little better that you're not quite so organised either! There seems to be so many people on yayw who have things planned and booked years in advance, we only decided to book it last september.

How old will your lo's be when you go? Riley will be 18 months so hopefully he'll be walking although he's been lazy with everything else so far! x
  • my mom and dad are coming and his mom as well but my mom and dad are staying on the main island as they could not afford to stay on the same island as us,this is were we are staying

http://www.beachcomber-hotels.com/gallery/?hc=SC_S

lol yes i know what you mean about ppl having thins booked years in advance,we got engaged christmas day and then he said,i think aug' sounds good,so we havent had much time to do things but h2b is so laid back about things,he does everything last min' which drives me insane! daniel will be 3years and 4 months and the twins will be 18months when we go and iam hoping there walkin too,jack is crusing along things but charlotte has just started to pull her self up on the sofa,so they lazy as well but daniel was always the last min at doing things so i guess it runs in them as well :lol: do you know when your dress will be here? h2b has a few days off in april when its daniels birthday so were going down to london on one of the days to look at wedding rings as ive found a website which has really nice rings on,so thats a 3 hours drive but iam really looking forward to it as ive never been to london,h2b is working there at the moment.

sarah
  • Wow that looks gorgeous! How big is the island?

We got engaged three years ago and just been waiting until we had the money but end of last year we just decided to go ahead and book it or it would be a while until we had another chance if we wanted more babies!
    My dress should be here in a couple of weeks, can't wait to see it although I'm nervous as I don't really know what to expect! What type of dress have you gone for?
    Hope you manage to get a ring you want when you go down to London! We've still got to look for some but not planning on spending much money on them, especially h2b's as it'll probably get damaged with the work he does! x
  • this is my dress but without the flower on the front

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww358/fall3nang3l_photos/phoebe.jpg?t=1267026534

these are my shoes :lol:

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww358/fall3nang3l_photos/Capri350.jpg?t=1267026593

i hope the dress is everything you want,have you got any pics of it,the island isnt very big,iam sure ive got somewere how big it is :lol: will try and find it later,if we wasnt oing to get married in the seychells i think it would have been cyprus as there is some gorgeous places andi love the little churches

sarah
  • i'm getting married in less than 13 weeks time and hardly have anything sorted! my dress is sorted, church and venue booked but none of the details are like invite list, invites, cars, flowers, etc. eek

the reason why is because my mum kept saying that if i dont invite this person or do it this way then shes not paying! (dad retired from the police and put money into an account for my sister and my wedding. my sister has had hers so its my turn but she is being unreasonalbe) it took my granny dying at christmas for her to start behaving!

• fall3n your dress looks lovely and the shoes are very nice too! My dress is a maggie copy, here's a pic of what it should hopefully look like (or similar to!).

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/xkellydobsonx/weddingdress.jpg

sleepybeccie sounds like you're having a bit of a hard time with your mum! Planning a wedding is stressful enough isn't it?! Hope she starts being a bit more reasonable and you can start getting things sorted :\) x
  • that looks a gorgeous dress,is it going to be the same colour,i tried a dress on that colour and it made the dress look even more expencive,hope it turns out to be the same,bet you cant wait for it to arrive.

sleepybeccie- i hope you get everything sorted out in time and it goes like a dream

sarah
  • I love the colour of that dress and was originally gonna go for that but I didn't think it would go with our colour theme so thought I'd just play it safe with ivory! Is your dress the same colour as the pic? That would look great with a tan! x
  • yes the dress is ivory and its made of silk,i dont tan xkelx and i dont think it would go with a bright red colour :lol: i burn so easy,when we started trying for daniel we went to the maldives and i stayed in the shade and i still got burnt! iam taken lots of suncream and ive also got to be carefull as iam having one of my tattoos laser removed,iam hoping and got everything crossed that its all gone by then but if it hasnt i cant get it tanned or the laser would try and get rid of the tan and i would have a white patch but if its still there iam gonna get some tattoo cover up

sarah
  • i havent got a catalogue pic of my wedding dress as the shop never gave me its acutlaly link and if i post the one of me in it on here my hubby to be might see it.

having more of a nightmare with my mum now to the point i cant wait till its over!

bought more stuff for the tables decs today and chose the hymns with the vicar yesterday. paid the deposit on my bridesmaid dress's. just got to get the made and mesured now

how long have you both been planning your wedding for?

(are either of you on FB?) x
  • iam so sorry your still having trouble with your mom,this should be one of the happist times of your lifes as well as your moms to see you get married,i really hope she turns around and starts helping you out.
    we got engaged on chiristmas day,so we havent been planning the wedding long and there is not long left and we have got still sooooooo much to do :lol: i am on fb but its very rare iam on it
    sarah
  • Sarah where's your tattoo that you're having removed and how come? Hope it's an easy process for you!

Beccie we've been planning since about September time, atlhough not done a great deal more since then so still got loads to do.
    I'm on fb, it's a joint one with H2B though if you want to add me its kelanddan lill x
  • its on the top of my arm,when i was about 19 me and my mate said we were going to get a tattoo,we went to the store and i just looked at the picss and said,yep that one,a silly thing to do and as soon as i had it done i hated it and thought one day i will get it removed,ive had 6 laser treatments now and it bloody kills,specialy the last session as she used a higher laser frequancy (sp?) becouse i have a little bit of purple in and its not fadded,my second tattoo i researched and researched pictures untill i found one i loved and thats on the base of my back and i love that one and its easy to cover :lol: its also bloody expensive to get them removed so iam hoping its not gonna be a lot more sessions

sarah
  • I bet it is expensive!
    My H2B does a bit of tattooing! He bought a kit off ebay last year and tried teaching himself so his arms are pretty much covered lol. I've got 4 and he did my last one. I want him to do me another one but he's not very confident with it although I think he did a great job with my other one!
    Luckily mine are on my back and my ankle so they're easy to hide. x
  • hola,have you got your dress yet kel? cant belive they is gonna be no yayw till monday :\(

sarah
  • I've just been on YAYW and noticed that they've closed the boards down for a couple days! Tbh I don't post too much on there though I mainly just read through them!

My dress was shipped yesterday so it should arrive soon! Don't know how long, probably a week or two as it's coming from China!

How's the tattoo removal going? x
  • you will have to let me know how it looks,ive bought anouther dress from china to change in to at night if i want to,are you all excited? and have they said anything about paying a tax when the dress comes in to the uk?. its coming on ok,the past 2 times ive been they have done a higher laser and its been killing,i went last sat so its still a little sore,i should see a difference in a few days when the redness has gone

sarah
  • this is a pic of the second dress

http://i.ebayimg.com/02/!Bm4nw1w!mk~$(KGrHqMH-CEEt7C-VTY-BLhTjpW4fg~~_3.JPG