Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mothercare - Dangerous Advice given!!!

Also posted in Baby.
Just to warn everyone - we got our cot and mattress from mothercare and on their -expert' advice got the best mattress we could. What we didn't check was that the -expert' had ordered the right size for the cot that she was also ordering for us at the same time!!!
When we put the cot together I thought the mattress looked a bit small but didn't check the specifications on it. We put the baby in it for the first time last night and during the night I woke up to high pitched screams - the mattress had moved to one side and she's got her head stuck in the 4cm gap!! I was sick with worry but she seems ok. Got her checked at the doc today and she seems ok but they'll keep an eye on her head in the next few check ups.
Mothercare customer services are obviously very apologetic and looking into it but I've just got no confidence in them now and I wanted to warn others to check what they advise you to buy and check what they deliver - if you have any doubts, DON'T ACCEPT IT!!!!!

I would hate for anyone else to go through that worry or even worse. We were lucky that I was right next to her and woke up as soon as she screamed. If she was in another room I don't even want to think what could have happened.

Replies

• OMG!!!! I can't believe this! Glad to hear your l/o is ok. What happens now for you as far as the store is concerned?