Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do you ever worry that you'll forget

How can I explain? I worry that I'll forget him at every stage-what he was like when he was crawling, how he used to stick his Tongue out all the time, the times when he'd sleep in our bed and Id wake up next to him , when we started weaning and he'd sit in his bumbo on the kitchen table. I find it really hard to imagine him as a newborn and it was only a year ago!

He's changing every day-today he tried to say banana, in a few months he'll be asking me for one! They're such precious memories and I want to remember every little detail but it's impossible, everything he does is so special even his tantrums, I want to hang onto everything.

I made a diary when I was pregnant but I've only put a handful of entries in it since -I've just not had time.

Aww, I feel blue image. It's because i stopped bfing today, it's made me really nostalgic, I just feel like my babys growing up so fast-I can't keep up!xx

Replies

• I know just what you mean. I often look at pictures or find little things- items of clothing or baby bits and it reminds me of a certain time in Ollie's life that I thought I had forgotten. I think as they grow up little things will always remind us of special times.

I was the same when I stopped feeding ollie at 12.5months, and even now if he is tired and lets me cuddle him in that cradle position I almost feel like I want to stick him on the boob and have that closeness again. But then he will stick his finger up my nose or something and the moment passes!

I do worry I won't have those same feelings when this baby arrives but I guess I will.
  • same as dinks, if i come across a pic as newborn or a tiny baby grow i struggle to remember him ever being so small. i don't think we'll ever 'forget' but it just won't be at the forefront, i find myself forgetting details, i remember his first steps, but i acn't remember whther it was before or after his first birthday, i knwo its only a week either way, but i can't remember exactly and i feel a little bit bad about that.

i stopped bf at 7month and i don't know if its my preg hormones or not but i also get the urge to bf soemtmes, maybe cos it reminds me of when eh was just a little baby.

i also worry that i acn't possible love another baby the amount i love austin, but i know thats jsut me being silly.

i guess its as they get older its antural to forget the little details but u'l always remember the the important stuff, like his first smile, and how u felt the first time u saw him, how proud u were on his first birthday.

xx