Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can my 13 week old prem baby be teething?

Hi ladies. Does anyone know if my little one could be teething? She is drooling loads, chews on her dummy and teat at the side of her mouth and has small bumps just under her gums. She was born 5 weeks early and was told in hospital it could be 18 months for her to catch up but she's been smiling for weeks loves trying to stand up and is so alert. To me she behaves like the 3 month old that she is!
Just wondering if anyone else has experience of this as I wasn't expecting it for another 3 months!!!

Michelle and Lydia

Replies

• Options
    not sure about the prem bit, so this may not help, but i was told some babies are born with teeth! so i think it can happen at anytime. my daughter is 3 months and has starte teething too, but apparently can be a while for the teeth to appear, but the babes feel it already.!

xxx
  • Options
    Amelia is just the same - Anything goes in her mouth to chew on now - Her gums are bright red and I can see a white mark where a tooth will possibly come through. I've started putting some calgel on her gums to help ease the pain.
  • Options
    Daisy-Mae was only 2 days early, but she started all this about 3 weeks ago - she's 14 weeks now.

She dribbles for England, and Scotland actually! She has a little white mark on her gum where you might expect her first tooth to appear and constantly has her hand in her mouth...

I don't actually think its that uncommon to be honest, even though the HVs might say differently!

C xx