Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09

Sleeping

My baby is 12 weeks and i find that getting her to go to sleep can sometimes be noisy. She is a very happy and contented baby but when it comes to nap time she crys but not all the time. I always put her into her moses basket to sleep upstairs, i dont use a dummy. Most times she goes off within 10 mins and i go in a reasure her every few minutes but i just wish she would go to sleep without crying! am i expecting to much? what are others peoples expeience with naps?

Replies

• Charlotte is 9 weeks and I currently just let her nap when she wants in the pram downstairs (mostly as her cot isnt up in her room yet so I can t put her in there and hubby is usually in bed in our room from nightshifts), but once cot is up i'll put her in there. I would say if she goes to sleep herself, even after a little cry just leave her. I know its hard but i'm sure it will stop eventually, I know when I put charlotte to bed at night she cries but its usually coz she's so tired.
  • Amelia is 12 weeks and gets very grizzly when she's tired, like she's fighting sleep and always has a little cry but soon settles after a cuddle. I let her nap when she likes, I put her down in her rocking chair rather than in her room as we are out and about so much its hard to get into a day time nap routine.
  • Amelia is 12 weeks and gets very grizzly when she's tired, like she's fighting sleep and always has a little cry but soon settles after a cuddle. I let her nap when she likes, I put her down in her rocking chair rather than in her room as we are out and about so much its hard to get into a day time nap routine.