Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Speech??

Ladies how are your little ones speech comming along? I think Isla is doing well, she is saying words in context I actually sat like a loser and she has about 23words if you count yum as a word :lol: I have no benchmark as Matthew (now 6) had a serious speech delay so I'm a bit neurotic about speech arrrgh. We dont get a 7-10mnth check she wont be seen now until 15mnths so I have no idea how to check how well she is doing but I think shes a genius of course :lol: She has really come on in the last month or so. You'll probably tell me all your los are putting words together hehe!
Shes 13mnths btw, her birthday is 22nd March.

[Modified by: Fran82 on 04 May 2010 21:24:35 ]

Replies

• Options
    Nope, quite the opposite in fact! Peter has no recognisable words yet at 14 months. He only just started saying 'mamamam' three weeks ago, but he jargons for England. I just don't understand what he can say yet! :lol: What I do know is that he can understand what we say and obeys directions at least some of the time. The words will come eventually, so I am trying not to worry about it too much.
  • Options
    Leah has a few words mum mum dada cat, tisit(what is it), yep, hi, bye, fish, and a few more i cant remember but understands a lot more than she can say if you ask her where someone is she looks and points at them she is being a monkey though has fake crying down to an art and pulls her sisters hair if she wont give her something lol

[Modified by: 2girlywhirlys on May 04, 2010 10:51 PM]

• Options
    wow she's doing fantastically, austin is jsut one day older than isla (21st march) and he only sys 'dada', 'ta' and 'hiya' (only says hiya when i go into his room in the morning or after a nap) he seems to have his only little language tho which i'm yet to decipher (think its a mix of english and flemish sounds) but he seems to know what he says and enjoyes chattering away to himself, or to the wall! he hates it if i interupt him tho and try to involve myself in these little converstaions and gives me a very stern look! he has mastered a fake sneeze tho, think he likes it when i exclaim 'bless you!' and he makes 'awww' nioses whilst stroking ur hair or face bless him. xx
  • Options
    It sounds like Isla's doing brilliantly! Max hasn't really got any words yet, he babbles away and understands what we're saying.He says Dada,mamama and i think he's might be saying dog and ta but its not clear.Can't wait to hear him speaking,it must be so cute!xx
  • Options
    i've never really sat and counted hollies words but she can say quite a few and in context. her first word was 'cat' at 7 months old. she does the basic ones like, hi, bye, daddy, milk, socks, tights, shoes, yes, thank you , please and a few others.

but aswell as all that she also signs more words like, food, milk, bottle, drink, yummy, more, thank you, all done, duck, nappy, sign, music,

for me i personally think hollie's communication is like this because we have been signing since she was 6 months old.

however she refuses to say mummy!

• Options
    Sounds like all pur bubs are comming on well image Thats so cute about Hollie signing - what a fab thing to teach her! They are so funny at this age aren't they such little monkeys. Isla is a comic and has plenty of "fakes" too, I see a trend :lol:
  • Options
    wowee!! Ophelia can only managed hiya! hahaha. i keep trying to teach her things but she just looks confused! She does know what some things are though (namely, a ball. or if i say twinkle twinkle she'll do the actions, or if i tell her she's a good girl she'll clap herself!) but no words herself! xxx