Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09

Sleeping through question

Hi everyone
Just after some advice on how to get Amelia to sleep through. She currently goes to bed about 7pm and will wake up again any time between 12 and 3am for a feed. The 7pm feed she'll only take about 5oz then the night time feed will take nearer 7oz.
I'm worried that she will rely on the night time feed as she won't take a full feed before going to bed.
When your lo's slept through did they just stop taking a night feed or gradually reduce how much they wanted? I've considered trying to wake Amelia at 11pm to feed in the hope she'll go through longer. Do any of you do this or is a pointless exercise because if she needed feeding she'd wake herself.
She'll be 11 weeks on monday. Problem is she can be awake for hour and half or more some nights and I'm getting really tired!!!
Any advice would be great
Shell x

Replies

• Hi ya shell...

The routine i have for my little girl Josie-may, is that i bath her every night between 8pm - 9pm, she normally has a 5 oz bottle feed, sometimes she may only drink 2-3oz, then settle down for the night around 10pm latest...then she normally wont wake until 5 - 6am...meaning i get a lovely sleep feeling ready for the day ahead.

The bathing really helps, it seems to just knock her out & also i have found taking her out everey day for a walk out in the fresh air helps too.

I know how u feel, josie-may is 3 months old now & has only been going through the night for the last 3 weeks...so all those nights with broken sleep really takes it toll & you just feel like a zombie, feeling irritable all day.

Give it a try, see how u get on, hope it works for u & start feeling a little refreshed in the mornings for the day ahead...good luck

mel x

[Modified by: little missie on May 23, 2009 10:47 PM]

• Hi ya shell...

The routine i have for my little girl Josie-may, is that i bath her every night between 8pm - 9pm, she normally has a 5 oz bottle feed, sometimes she may only drink 2-3oz, then settle down for the night around 10pm latest...then she normally wont wake until 5 - 6am...meaning i get a lovely sleep feeling ready for the day ahead.

The bathing really helps, it seems to just knock her out & also i have found taking her out everey day for a walk out in the fresh air helps too.

I know how u feel, josie-may has only been going through the night for the last 3 weeks...so all those nights with broken sleep really takes it toll & you just feel like a zombie, feeling irritable all day.

Give it a try, see how u get on, hope it works for u & start feeling a little refreshed in the mornings for the day ahead...good luck

mel x