Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09

I dropped him!!!

It was awful i was cuddling him and i knelt down to put him on the floor but i leant forward and i was only holding him low down so he flipped over and out of my arms. He landed on his head and face and it was terrible to watch. He cried for a bit but there were no bruises or marks. I just didn't know what to do he looked absolutly fine he was playing and ate all his lunch like normal so i didn't see the need to trauma him more with A&E. Luckily it was weighing day so i asked to speak to the health visitor and burst into tears whilst telling her she was sooo lovely (i was so worried she'd say i was horrible and a bad mum) she said he looked fine but to phone the doctors. So i phoned the dr (who i cried at as well) and she was lovely just asked questions like how high he was when he fell and if he'd been acting differently, was he knocked out! She was very reassuring and made it sound like i'd done all the right things thank god.

There we go confession over! Hold on to them tightly girls! xxx

Replies

• so glad hes ok i know i have to keep hold of Leah tight as shes so mobile and a confession not of me but her dad lol he has left her on the sofa a few times and she has fell off twice i went mad but she was ok Glad he is ok
  • aww glad he's ok, don't feel bad hun, i accidently shut austins finger in the freezer last week and ended up at a&e, he was stood by the stair gate and the freezer is an in built one and just other side of the gate i closed the door but didn't see he had his hand in the hinge part of the door! god i've never heard him cry like that, i cldn't stop crying and OH kept saying oh he's fine but i cldn't stop worrying until they did x rays etc, i felt awful. i've also ost count of the times i've bumped austins head as we've walked thru a door etc, god i sound terrible don't i? but he doesn't stop wriggling so u think u've got him and then he just throws him self and knocks his head. boy's eh? i feel so guilty x
  • Hiyah Hun,

Ah, these things happen, max bumps his head at least once a day- it doesn't matter how baby proofed we are or how closely I watch him- he just crawls into things! They're made of tough stuff though, god, yesterday, I turned my back and he'd climbed up 3 steps up the staircase!! We've got a gate at the top so will now be getting one for the bottom too-that could have been awful if he'd fallen!!

Xx
  • Peter's gone off the bed twice, both times when theoretically under the supervision of his dad. You think he (my husband) would have learned the first time! :roll:

It is amazing how resilient they are, but boy it is scary when it happens! So glad that the hv and doctor were so nice about it all and able to reassure you. Big hugs to you both.