Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Gill Rapley would not approve

After all the discussion of baby-led weaning, I couldn't resist posting this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3491/3842420705_e81c5d953a.jpg

Getting to grips with courgette at 5.5 months old. :\)

Replies

• So glad its not only me!!
    Amelia has been sucking on carrott sticks, I've also been giving her lots of different fruit and veg purees - so cute!!!
  • How cute! So, how did he do? Did he manage to eat any? Don't keep us in suspense! x
  • :lol: She would be impressed image

Were doing a mixture he has purees and finger food, hes not impressed at the minute but we will carrying....he does love strawberries though, gummed it to death :lol:

[Modified by: woomummy on August 23, 2009 04:03 PM]

• Ah bless him-look at the concentration on his face!!

Max is not enjoying the purees at all, im just putting then to his lips-don't want to force it. He sucked a piece of apple for ages yesterday and had a good chop on a piece of pineapple too so not all hope is lost!xx
  • How cute! So, how did he do? Did he manage to eat any? Don't keep us in suspense! x

Sorry, just back from a trip to visit some friends overnight. ;\)

He did brilliantly. He's really good at picking up courgette and cucumber. I tend to have to hand him most things (the butternut squash that he had that day works really well for this) but I do hold really squishy stuff like banana and avocado and he gums bits off.

Woomummy, we are actually doing a few pur????es as well. He wolfed down a jar of Beech-Nut pear tonight (lazy mummy couldn't be bothered to cook anything after we got home *blush*) and I'm going to pur????e some peas tomorrow. He loves holding his spoon, though, and actually fed himself some avocado off one this evening, so we are working on that angle as well.

Great fun, but very messy! image
  • Aw that's great..well done Peter! It's all very exciting stuff! I think we'll also be doing a bit of spoon feeding but I don't really have a plan of action so will take each day as is it comes.

Hope he enjoys the peas. x