Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nasty injections 2morrow!

Title says it all - my poor Evan will get jabbed by the bad nurse - bless him :\(

Replies

• aww poor evan, I feel ur pain tho cos austin's are at 9.30am tomorrow too. i'm dreading it so much that i'm making oh come with me so if I need to I can leave the room cos I did boo a faor bit with the heal prick test lol xx
  • No-way, ours are at 9.30 too haha! Hehe oh is coming too...im a total baby and know il blub so im staying by the door, boobs ready to comfort him lmao! Il be thinking of you between my tears hehe xx
  • Goodluck! Max was fine, hardly cried-fell back to sleep before we even left the doctors but he was very unsettled in the evening and slept all day the day after-get some calpol in, they can have it from 8 weeks xx
  • Laila has hers tomorro as well. NOt looking foward to it. Sure all babies will be fine though. Thinking of all of you whos babies getting jabs tomorro
    xx
  • We have ours today as well - 10.20am.

I saw my GP yesterday who said to rock them up and down and give them lots of cuddles to distract them as quickly as you can afterwards.

Plus, obviously, have the Calpol at the ready - apparently, give it to them when you get home, rather than waiting for them to be upset / distressed... Not sure about this, but think I'll see how she is...

Hope you all manage OK, thinking of you all this morning!

C xxx
  • ours were last thursday - deff give calpol if only to get them to settle straight after
    the next day he had a hard red lump in his leg where the needle went it and was really cranky but a couple of calpol doses through the day made it all ok. it really wasn't quite as bad as i thought

they are quite sneaky though making you hold the baby while they do it. sam looked at me like i was soooo cruel for doing this to him!
  • Nina had her second lot yesterday. She was so good. Slept in her sling whilst Angelo had his mmr, then when it was her turn she screamed for a few seconds and was all smiles. Woomummy I had my boobs ready but didn't need them..handy to have though!
  • Well, my little angel continues to be just that!

Doctor was fab! She gave her them both really quickly - Daisy gave a yelp, followed by one very quick, very loud scream, then whimpered and fell asleep on me!

We came home, I fed her, swaddled her (haven't done this for a few weeks but found out the cosiest softest fleece blanket I have) and she's fallen asleep in her pram downstairs...

I'm just so proud of her!

C xxx
  • Hey girlies

What can i say he was a utter star image

He fell asleep in the waiting room before we went in...leaving me pooping myself image at the thought of the jabs! We where called, the nurse oohed and ahhed at how scrummy he is, even she felt bad doing them :lol: So we braced ourselves, and you know what the 1st one he didnt flinch....2nd one he yelped and carried on sleeping image Such a brave boy....i didnt even need my boobs missymoo :lol: Hes very cranky now tho, attempted to give him calpol but he holds his breath (we had this problem with infacol) so hoping his temp stays down image

On a bad note Evan had a heart murmur at 3days old and i was assured it would seal by his 8wk check...well it hasnt :cry: So weve been refered to cardiology....doc thinks hel be fine. but will need a scan etc to check - funny as when i used to listen to him on the doppler i could hear it, midwife said it was normal - mummys intuition eh :\) xxxxx
  • so glad all jabs went well and babes aren't suffering too much.

we sat in the waiting room and he was all smiles, then we went thru to the doc for his check first. then came the nurse! luckily daddy was holding him so i didn't get the 'why me?' look lol, he cried for a bit, stoped, then she gave him the second one. after a few cuddles tho he was fine again. went shopping in the afternoon and had him in the papoos/baby carrier and he slept the whole time lol. got grizzly this evening tho, but he's just gone to sleep for the night so we shall see what happens over the weekend.

aww woomummy, hope this murmer isn't too serious, my nephew has one and the docs say it's nothing to worry about so fingers crossed for u and little evan xxx
  • woomummy, try not to worry. Angelo had the same thing and was refered to a paediatric cardiologist who did a scan and some other tests and everything was absolutely fine. Hopefully, it's reassured you that the doc and m/w think it will be fine.x