Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Lunch ideas?

Hi guys im after lunch ideas for Leah shes not really interested in a sandwich gone off waffles not sure if i should try soup might get messy lol so any ideas would be great thanks image

Replies

• Scrambled eggs, eggy bread, cheese on toast, mini pizzas made with toast and tomato pur????e, macaroni cheese, corned beef hash xx
  • Lunch this week: pesto pasta, tuna bake, oxtail stew (from some I made a while ago and froze) with rice, grilled chicken with creamed sweetcorn, scrambled egg with tomato.

We do have soup quite a lot - a bit messy but getting tidier. And pasta is always popular. I just try to vary the sauce as much as possible.
  • Oooo oxtail- hubbie has been on at me to do oxtail ( he saw hugh fernley-what's-his-name cooking it) but Im not sure what to do with it, the whole tail thing grosses me out abit (which makes no sense given that I eat black pudding and cornedbeef!) Would it be nice if I did it in the slow cooker?xx
  • ds mainly has sandwiches foir lunch, with cherry toms, cucumber carriot etc. he'll have teh occasional omlette too. i can't do him mini pizza or cheese on toast cos the damn soya cheese doesn't melt at all image but never thought of eggy bread, fab idea pbob! just a thought, can they have pat???? yet? i've assumed not, but just thought i'd check, my hv didn't know......just trying to think of things for his swiches that don't involve 'cream cheese' in one way or another, not sure i'm even going to be able to get a dairy free pat???? anyway....

ergh pbob, i can't stand any of those, lol, ox tail, black pudding or corned beef, bleurgh.

hmm, thinking about doing savoury pancakes, normal pancakes (minus the sugar) with some ham and cream cheese etc...

xx
  • Ooh, savoury pancakes are a brilliant idea, siany! Will have to give them a try.

Pixiebob, oxtail would be lovely slow-cooked. I stewed it and also have a recipe for oxtail in tomato sauce. Let me know if you want a recipe and I'll message you on FB. It tastes exactly like beef on the bone, nothing icky at all - unlike black pudding! image I get it chopped up from the butcher so it doesn't even look like tail anymore.
  • Yes please, could you send mectge recipe-ta muchly! I know, black pudding is very wrong but it's yum! I like White pudding too, nothing icky in that!x
  • whats white pudding??? xx
  • It's just sausage meat, oats and herbs- it's really nice, you slice it like you do black pudding xx
  • Some ideas: Toasted sandwiches, boiled or scrambled egg on toast, quesadillas with guacaomole, pitta with dips, chicken and potato wedges, baked potatoes with various fillings.