Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First Night in own room!!

So, the last few nights, Zach's noise during the night has reached mega levels so I have just put him to sleep in his cot in his own room! Hubby has spent a few nights recently sleeping in the spare room as he's so noisy and has to get up for work the next day! And I know he's only just 3 months and they say he should be in with us until 6 months, but we need some sleep too, and its bordering on impossible!

Has anyone else done this yet?

I'm fairly happy at the moment although not sure how I'm going to feel when I go to bed. I've been putting him down for naps in his cot in his room for the last couple of weeks and he sleeps happily, so fingers crossed he'll be ok! I've also put his angelcare monitor in there and will sleep with the remote monitor next to me, just in case!

I hope he's ok though!

Replies

• My ds is asleep as we speak for the first time in his own room! Loads of my NCT group don't share a bedroom with their lo's. I know the guidelines say until 6 months but it is a guideline I guess. Hope Zach sleeps soundly!
  • max has been in his own room for 2 weeks-he looks so tiny in his big cotbed but he goes to sleep really well in there and we don't have to tiptoe around so much. I also sleep much better as im not waking at every whimper.

Im sure Zach will be fine, it's us mummy's who have the problem with not sharing a room, i honestly don't think they could care less!xx
  • I was very bad - Amelia went in her own room at 9 weeks, she is such a snorer I couldn't cope anymore, plus she would wake not wanting a feed but to cuddle as she knew I was there. She sleeps so much better in her own room - Goes to bed between 7 and 7.30 and I don't hear from her till at least 4am. I have the baby monitor right next to me so as I can still hear her. It was horrible at first but we are used to it now. I would have been shttered if she'd been in our room till 6 months!!
  • We survived!

Was a bit weird going to bed as I didn't have to creep around and actually read some of my magazine in bed! Hubby got home from work about midnight and also didn't have to creep around getting ready for bed! AND we had a quick chat before going to sleep, something we haven't done in ages!

I think hubby slept better, but I didn't, but I guess it was first night nerves. I left his door open and had the monitor on, but still got up at 2 to check on him. He was fine, snoring away!

My only concern is that last night he woke at 2.30 and 6 for a feed, usually he sleeps til between 4/5! I'm hoping it's either because he was just generally hungry, or a bit spun out being in a room on his own.

I have once again settled him in his own room, so we'll see how tonight goes!
  • My lo has slept in his own room now for 3 nights! I don't like it but I think we all sleep better. I just miss his snuffles...x