Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Growth Spurts

Hi was wondering if your lo's have had any growth spurts and if so at what ages?

Riley is almost 5 weeks and yesterday and today he's been feeding more often than every 3 hours like usual. I think he's having growth spurt but I thought he had one two weeks ago. Is it possible to have them that often?
xxx

Replies

• Options
    They say that GS occurs at 10 days 3weeks ,6 weeks,3 and 6 months. But that each baby is different and may start at GS earlier of later.This is an interesting link!
    http://www.parents.com/baby/development/physical/growing-baby/
  • Options
    Thanks for the link that was interesting. I'm sure he's having one now as he's constantly hungry, even an hour after feeding he wants more and he's very fussy at the minute. I just hope it doesn't last too long!
    xxx
  • Options
    Sounds like a growth spurt to me, Max has just had one and this weeks he's started sleeping longer so get that food in him and fingers crossed it'll make things easier next week!xx
  • Options
    Sounds like a growth spurt to me, Max has just had one and this weeks he's started sleeping longer so get that food in him and fingers crossed it'll make things easier next week!xx
  • Options
    Haha thats what I was thinking! Might get a few days of a good amount of sleep!
    How long did Max's growth spurt last?
    xxx
  • Options
    A few days-he slept for hours and hours only waking up to feed. He's now sleeping for 6.5hours without a feed at night (im bfing) so im super chuffed!!

ps, your avator pic is ridiculously cute!!x
  • Options
    Thanks! Love the pics of max too on the other post, can't wait for Riley to crack a smile.

That's great that he's going that long at night now. Sometimes Riley goes 4 hours and thats an achievement!
    xxx