Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I've collated my story - please advice is you can

Hi,

Can you help me please . I found out Im pregnant on 31st of July . I was so excited about this pregnancy as I have endometriosis and find it difficult to conceive. This my is my 4th pregnancy first one ended in total miscariage very early on and I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old. I went to my doctor on 1st August who referred me for an early scan on 4th August this is due to me being on alot of medication and the doctor thought I should be checked out early. My lmp is the 1st July 2011 and I know this baby was conceived on the 10th July . I had no apparent problems until I had my vaginal ultra sound on the 4th August the sonographer said she could see yolk sac, etc but no fetal pole or heartbeat - I was told I was 5+ wks pregnant . I was told to come back on the 17th August for a scan again where they hoped things would change . However, the morning after the internal scan I started to get brown spotting Friday (5/8/11) this corntinued on to the 7/8/11 I rang hospital and they said if not red not to worry . I woke up on Sunday morning 7/8/11 and the blood was red so I went straight to A&E there I was told that as it was not alot of blood they would just to hcg and other bloods and I was to go home and rest . My HCG results were 5185 . Still not content on Monday morning 8/8/11 I rang my EPU and they told me to come up for another early scan . I had another vaginal scan which showed some growth in the sac etc from the Thurs before - they measured me as 6weeks 1 day . They detected the fetal pole but could not detect a heart beat they basically sent me off and told me I'd not to be too hopeful . That was Monday on Tuesday I went to my own GP who did my HCG levels again . My bleeding has now tailored off again and is very light and brownish and mostly in the morning. I got the results from this HCG today and my levels have sadly dropped from 5185 to 5119 a drop of 66. I spoke to the nurse who gave me the results and she said the doctor said its a very slight drop but still a drop which isnt a good sign . I'm to have these repeated on Friday morning . My heart is broke and my head is totally mashed I dont know if my baby is dead or alive . I still have the ultrasound booked for next week the 17th the waiting and hoping is torture .

Please offer me any advice you can.

Thanking you in anticipation

Replies

• awww u poor thing, all i can say in previous pregnancys i too had bleeding and it was red, and i too went for early scans, like u saw the sac then the second time there it was but no heart beat but the 3rd time the heart beat was there, my babyu is 3 now so all was well, so as far as that part goes there is defo hope, the only thing i can't comment on is the blood test. I hope all is ok.
  • Thanks so much for your reply , I'm going threw the worst experience of my life.

• Hello,

I can't add anything more to what I said in my response to your previous post, however to get some more input you could perhaps post this in the main pregnancy forum & it would be seen by some more ladies?

Hoping that everything works out for you,

• Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.x
  • Lots and lots of luck to you Loughpet xxxxx

We've all got our fingers crossed for you chick xx
  • Your all so lovely - thanks ladies I'll keep you informed .

• hows things love xxx
  • Hi ladies,

Update is not good news. I went to a different hospital on Friday night past and they said they saw a fetus 6 + wks but no heartbeat visible. They couldnt compare measurements to last wks scan as they didnt have them. They did swabs and checked cervix which is closed and told me to return to my regular EPU on 17th as arranged. Since sat morn the bleeding has defo got heavier - if it is not coming from the womb then where is it coming from i'd like to know !! Also got more hcg results on Friday - they have fallen again to 3.500. It's not looking good and I know it just sad that I have to sit and wait till Wednesday to get a scan to be told what I already know that my little one is gone I've never cried as much in my life !!

P

• Loughpet I'm so sorry chick, I cant imagine what you're going through.

Make sure you rest lots and take good care of yourself xxx
  • can't say nothing apart from sorry ...u take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what an awful time you are going through. Thinking of you x
  • Hi Ladies,

Today in the hospitaltoilet I passed my tiny little baby in it's sac and all. I'm so unbelievably sad . The hospital were great and have sent the baby of for testing . They even said I can have the ashes back if I want. Miscarriage is a truly horrible thing and unfortunately is way to common.

I wish you all a healthy and happy pregnancy .

• Oh chick I'm so sorry. I'm glad you have a nice hospital looking after you.

I really hope you get your BFP again soon when you're ready. Lots of love to you xxx
  • Loughpet, I am so so sorry for your loss.

We lost a little one @ 7 weeks in April and it is a truly devastating experience and there is nothing that can be said to make you feel better.

I hope you start to feel better physically soon and that you have a lot of support around you.

Good luck for the future and I hope that when you are ready, a BFP comes your way quickly.

Take care of yourself xxxx
  • I'm so sorry

Us March ladies were are hoping things would turn for you for the better

I really have nothing clever to say, but to send you all my warmest and sincerest thoughts

I am glad our hospital seems such a friendly one

x x x Take care
  • So sorry to hear this, I know exactly how youare feeling. I have suffered two mc in a row and I'm terrified about a third. I found the ttc after mc forum a massive support talking to peoplewho had similliar experiences and hearing positive stories about ttc after a mc. Hope yourgetting some love and support. So so sorry x x take care Hun x
  • I am so sorry. Miscarriage, as you say, is such a horrendous thing to go through. As 3054 says, ttc after mc (or the mc forum itself) I found fantastically supportive, it helped me so much having other women who understood to talk to.

I really hope that you recover quickly, and again I am so sorry for your loss,

Thinking of you,

Ruth xx