Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sex?

Was just wondering if anyone is struggling with S.E.X at the moment?

I feel too ill most of the time but keep having sexy dreams!

I am also a bit frightened following 2 MMCs. I know it is supposed to be safe but can't relax. Feel so bad for OH but I am afraid he will just have to wait till I feel better.

Replies

• I'm mostly too tired!
  • We weren't really having much sex before we conceived and still aren't. They say "it only takes once", and they're right! :lol:

I do remember from when I was pregnant with my boy that I did get the 'urge' at the end of the first trimester. Maybe my partner is in for a happy time in a few weeks then. Hi hi.

But in the meantime, work and toddler is zapping all our energy and my idea of a good time is watching CSI Miami with a bowl of rubarb-crumble and ice cream!!!
  • Lol I was the same as Annika, was a bit disappointed we wouldn't get however long of dtd every other day. Oh well.

At the moment i'm just too tired and sick but last time we didn't do it at all until after the 12 week scan.
  • We've been told not to as I've had some bleeds, but to be honest I'm too scared image It was the same in my last pregnancy, we didn't have sex for the whole time... I'm hoping that once I get well into second tri I might feel a bit braver - hopefully before I start to resemble a cow :lol:
  • I must be a nymph then because despite feeling sick and knackered I still want it!! :lol:
  • Yup kind of with Angel on that one...

Tired? -Yes!

Too tired for sex? -Nope!

It's my other half who don't fancy it most of the time. He's tired from work and thinks it a little creepy with baby in there.

I've tried telling him that it's ok - he's only parking the car in the garage - not driving it into the livingroom?!! image
  • i am a weirdo then, i am desperate for sex lol

but! i have felt ill in the last few evenings and hubbys been doing lates due to the riots so its been limited.

will keep going 2-3 times a week till im too big and tired.

i also have sexy dreams, mmmmmm daniel craig.
  • Lol! That's funny.

2-3 times a week!?

I am luck normally if it's 2-3 times a month!

I was told women tend to get the horn during the 2nd trimester so maybe we will get some thenimage Or maybe he won't want to then because I may resemble a whale!
  • I've heard whale-sex is supposed to be very good Sophie!

Rosemary - 2-3 time a week... I was lucky to get that a month, before we fell pregnant!! Go girl. Got any tips for how to make him up for it that often? image
  • haha i feel dead naughty now lol

i just have such a high libido pregnant, when i am not pregnant i dont care so much, irony.

i do demand footrubs in return though, sneaky.
  • Urgh, I just feel too queasy most of the time! We've only managed it twice since I fell, poor DH. I remember this from DD though, and felt much better once 1st trimester over and nausea stopped...and had first scan too which I think makes a big difference.

I do have to say that DH seems to be spending a LOT of time in the shower though nowadays ha ha!image
  • Hmmm sex... I've been super tired and neglectful of the 'upkeep' to be honest so we have been off the sex a bit! the OH did tell me his bits are going to drop off this morning though soon so I better get myself some energy image

I'm with you on th sexy dreams though... I read this was normal because of all them hormones! I must be nackering myself out in my dreams to be bothered with the real thing :lol:
  • Sex? whats that haha, the wife had a low lying placenta last time so we are gonna wait till our scan and she is feeling better. I might approach the subject then haha. The health of the babs is more important for me.