Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Absolutely exhausted

Is anyone else so tired they could cry?

I am absolutely exhausted and not sleeping very well. I have a headache and in a foul mood because of this. I work as a receptionist 8 - 5 mon - fri and I need cocktail sticks to keep my eyes open.

I'm wondering if I'm a bit aneamic because I'm veggie and have never been able to give blood because my iron levels were always too low. Ive been taking pregnacare tablets with iron in though. I have my booking in appt a week tomorrow so I guess she'll do bloods then. How long does it take to get the results? I remember having to take iron tablets with my daughter.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Replies

• Hi

I remember that feeling so well from last time. I am exhausted this time but luckily I am a teacher so on summer hols! I have been making the most of my little boy's naptime! Hope you begin to feel better soon each.

Try to sleep when you can - tricky with work I know.

• When I was pregnant with my boy I used to go out to my car at lunch time and turn on Radio 2 and have a sleep, setting my alarm for 30 min. image

Can't do that here at my new job.. but I'm sure they have a quiet room or something.

I think your work place are obliged to supply you with a space to rest. I just haven't checked as haven't told them yet! Maybe ask, cause just have a 10 min shut eye will prob help you!
  • I've not told work yet but there's nowhere for me to go have a kip, not unless I curl up on the board room table! :lol:

My mum lives nearby so I could always have a lie down on her sofa in my lunch hour. I'll just have to make sure I wake up in time!
  • Yea absolutely! Do it!

I'd go to your mum! It's a great idea. It used to really help me, even if it was just 20 min, cause I used to literally sit there and my eyelids would just go...
  • Bless you,I know how you feel!Like your eyes are popping out of your head! I was really tired with my son but this is a whooooole new level of exhaustion. Plus im so tearful this time around, have been such a cow to my poor husband!!

I have started to feel better now ive hit 11 weeks but I still need a nap when my son naps otherwise im in bed by 7!

Im supposed to go to a big party for a friends 30th thisss Thursday but I am DREADING it, i just dont feel up for it. Plus everyones going to be drinking so im going to have to laugh hilariously at their 'funny' jokes etc :evil:
  • Lol I know how you feel Piahigsy. I used to be such a party animal but the thought of going out now for a night out sounds like a nightmare! xx
  • Had a call from the docs yesterday to say I am indeed anaemic so will need to take some iron tablets. Hopefully these will make me feel better. Does anyone know if I can still take my Pregnacare tablets with them?
  • Hi Angel, I'm g/c from DIF but I have been on iron tabs since early on and asked the pharmacist in my local boots a couple of weeks ago if it was okay to take pregnacare on top of the iron tabs.

She said that it won't cause any harm as the dose of iron in pregnacare is so small that it's not going to overdose you on iron.

She did say that the pregnacre might not work as well because the iron inhibits the uptake of zinc, but it wouldn't cause any harm.

So I'm taking two x iron tablets a day and my pregnacare too.

Hope that helps!
  • Thanks Br2B, they are Pregaday tablets with folic acid in but they only have 350mcg in so I'll carry on taking my Pregnacare. I read on t'interweb that you cant overdose on folic acid so it should be ok!