Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Who here is gonna find out the sex of the baby?

I have decided not to, as I really like the surprise element.

Like there is something little extra to keep me thinking and excited all the way up till the end when I'm big and fat and just want it out!!! :lol:

But then again, this time around I'm really agonising over the naming issue, far more so than I did last time, and am wondering to myself if it might help if at least I knew what it was...

What is your thinking on it?

Replies

• heehee! i can see both sides but we love finding out image

loved knowing i was carrying my little girl, we got to really buy all the bits we wanted and i bonded so much knowing she was there.

but also there was the element of worry, what if its a boy lol when she was born i double checked, haha!

we'll find out with no2, unless bubs is in hard position and we cant of course!
  • oh my gosh twins! how funny, maybe you'll have one of each!
  • I can't wait to find out! I like to be prepared and it will be easier to think of names for one sex than both!
  • We're going to find out, can't wait! We found out with Dexter and it was so nice knowing and preparing for a little boy was great image
  • We're going to find out. We didn't last time & I did enjoy the surprise, but feel like I need to be much more organised this time & want to be as prepared as I can be!
  • We're really torn. We were last time, we didn't find out but we were both so overwhelmed by the birth that we forgot to even check! Then when we did find out we were still just like "it's a baby!!". We might find out this time for practical reasons like my sister has an 8 month old girl & will give us all her clothes if we're having a girl, so it would be good to get them all laundered! Also, it might help us prepare Benjamin for the arrival, although he will be 23 months when he/she is born so I think that'll probably be too little to appreciate the girl/boy concept?!

It will no doubt be another decision made outside the scan room!!

Xxx
  • We are finding out. We didnt last time and I loved it being a surprise although was jealous of all my friends finding out!

I have so much boys clothes in storage, I want to find out so I can prepare everything. I cant wait to find out! I get a little ripple of excitement when I think about the scan person saying "the baby is a ....." arghhh!
  • Hi ladies image

We're not going to find out i just like to have a lovely surprise at the end ! We have 3 boys and didn't find out with any of them but like a few others have said its completely a personal choice and i don't think there's a right or wrong thing to do .

Hope your all feeling well xx
  • Hello,

We are definately finding out, I'm not even buying anything until I know...I want to be 100% prepared when the baby comes ... I know you can be without knowing but I'm bait of a control freak and I want the baby to have a name and everything sorted! Probably won't pan out that way though.
  • I never found out with my first and I loved not knowing, but for practical reasons we will be finding out this time. xxx
  • We'll be finding out. We found out with DD, and it was lovely to refer to her by her name when talking to my bump. Also, this time round I need to know whether I can reuse all her stuff or have to buy blue! x
  • I think i want to find out...simply because I am so impatient and want to be prepared. I have family members on hold to give me clothes etc so would be good to know.
  • Hi, think I'm with the minority! We aren't going to be finding out, we didn't with our daughter and loved the surprise. xx
  • Ok Rosie... so it's you and me then!?

We've now made our minds up, for sure, NOT to find out.

I find it ever so exciting!