Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What have you gone off?

OMG! You know when pregnant women have said in the past "Oh I can't stand the smell of that anymore" or "I can't eat that or I will be sick". I just thought they were putting it on but oh no!

I have gone off so many things (including sex!). How about you ladies?

Here is a list of a few things:

mince meat (i.e. chilli, spag bol) used to eat those each week image

The smell of my OH's aftershave (Chanel Bleu) can't stand it!

yoghurts

pork pies

fruit (most)

some veg

crisps

the smell of air freshner (had to turn off plug-ins etc)

Mad isn't it?!

Replies

• Options
    ooooh this is my first symptom lol

vegetables

uncooked meat

the fridge

deodorant (male)

cigarettes (dont smoke but its just vile)
  • Options
    The fridge lol!

I havent gone off smells as such just certains foods. All I want is chips and pizza and takeaways and milkshakes :lol:

I have a Graze box delivered every week with healthy snacks in like nuts and dried fruit but everytime I open it or even think of it my stomach turns!
  • Options
    Lol!

I have to continuously graze too!

Yes the fridge!

Oh and smoke...can't stand it and I used to smoke.
  • Options
    smoke

my own perfume

smell of meat (cooked and raw) blurgh!

fridge smell

chewing-gum

bus journeys

coffee (noooooo I love my coffee)

certain teas

wonderbaums (you know them christmas trees you hang in cars)

smell of my dog (poor pooch, he's always told 'go away you stink")

washingmachine (I always think it stinks in the drum-OH says it smell like clean clothes?)

smell of warm electrics (like a warmhairdryer or hoover type thing)

hmmm think that's it...
  • Options
    oh yes, any hot drink makes me gag!
  • Options
    I agree with the washing machine comment, i've been complaining about mine smelling for weeks and oh says it smells lovely lol also and i know this sound really funny but i usually go to gala bingo once a week with the girls and now the thought of it makes me feel really sick. strange i know :lol:
  • Options
    Ha ha, glad it's not just me!

I've totally gone off all strong smells-food, perfumes, cleaning products (the supermarket is a challenge just now... Only time I've wished I had a cold to stop my nose!)

Hot drinks

Peanuts

Prunes

Curry

I only want to eat fresh fruit and drink water with lemon juice. Not too bad as far as odd cravings go I suppose!
  • Options
    I have gone off:

My husband's aftershave

My perfumes

Deodorant in aeorsols

Meat

Tea image In fact any hot drink

All vegetables

On the plus side, I never used to be that much of a chocolate fan and now I am loving it! Seems to settle my stomachimage

Does anyone know if this carries on for the whole 9 months or is it just a first trimester thing? xx
  • Options
    It feels like I've gone off everything!

Friday night we had chicken fajitas, I could only manage the tortilla wrap. This seems to be a pattern - I can manage the carb accompaniments, rice, spaghetti etc, but off most meat. Sweets seem to be going down which isn't great, and fresh fruit which is better, but can't be doing with greens.

Really not sure how long this lasts, I think part of my problem is that I get full so qiuickly and feel icky, thinking this will go in second tri (then come back in third tri when everything is all squished up!!),

Ruth xxx

11+5
  • Options
    the wifes gone of sex for some reason haha. Ps i cant blame her though. She has been very sick and tries a food then is sick and goes off it. she has been living on ham sandiwiches and milk.
  • Options
    I've gone off:

Tea/Coffee - strangely i'm still having milk in any other form but the thought of it in either of those is really repellent.

My perfume

Scented deodorants

Also i'm definately preferring carbs to anything else.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I seem to have gone off anything that is good for me, I love veg and eat wholemeal bread but now I want white bread and veg is just not doing it for me! I just want bad things like chips image im going to be size of a house at this rate.

The one thing that i cannot bear at the moment is the smell of the kitchen, the bin etc *barf*..I dont have a stinky kitchen honest, i just cant bear the smell...or washing up liquid.
  • Options
    hi ladies,

i feel like i have gone off everything, literally most stuff turns my stomach,

cereal

milk

tea/coffee

greens

spag bol

feel like everything i eat has to be forced down.

fridge in work smelt funny the other day and made me feel really ill, actually threw up after i got my water out of it. Vile.

cant stand smell off fish, OH's godfather took us out for pizza hut last night and he had a seafood pizza omg made me feel so ill i couldnt eat my pizza . bless him i didnt dare tell him cos he would have felt awful, i just pretended i was full .
  • Options
    There's not much I've gone off, apart from coffee, which happened with DD as well. I'm completely convinced the cutlery drawer *stinks* of sour milk/sick, which nobody but me can smell!

I am however loving fruit this time round, especially oranges, or anything orange smelling. I'm also heavily into strawberry jelly sweeties, and have now progressed to raw jelly - the packets of cubed stuff you make up with boiling water. Less calories than sweets!! x
  • Options
    My husband
  • Options
    My husband :lol: