Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012

feel like crap?

i dont remember feeling this bad with no1.

i am so tired its scary, i mean fall asleep eating lunch tired. I look drained, hubby even said 'pale' the other pale.

i am guessing baby is growing a lot this week as i am peeing and eating like noones business.

i feel drained and not myself, i cry all the time too image

i just wonder if i felt this bad this early on with no1 or whether ive forgotten?

8 weeks today!

Replies

• I know how you feel - I feel so much worse than last time. I cry at bedtime most nights as I feel so rough with sickness. I am a teacher so have 2 more weeks off work and am hoping by then that I feel better - I have been poorly the whole holidays!!!

I hope you feel better soon - it will all be worth it in the end.

• Rosemary, sorry you're feeling so rubbish. I can totally empathise though, I have my second cold in two weeks, feel like I've got the hangover from hell, am constantly hungry but everything makes me feel icky & am sooooo tired. We've been away this weekend & spent literally the whole day at Bristol zoo yesterday which was brilliant but nearly killed me! Also Benjamin is a bit poorly and SO clingy at the moment (apparently they have a period of separation anxiety at 18 mnths?!) I'm loving all the cuddles (selfishly!), but some days he just won't go down at all which is hard work.

Like Natasha, I'm a teacher, and I go back to work a week on Thursday. I'll be 13+2 by then so I really hope I'll be feeling a bit better by then...

Fingers crossed that those placentas hurry up & take over and we can all start with the whole pregnancy glow malarky (not sure I got to that point last time!).

Xxx
  • I also feel like crap and am too a teacher so have not enjoyed my holiday one bit!

Got so much work to do before I go back to school 2 weeks tomorrow but just find it so hard to do anything at the moment.

Friends keep asking me to come round or go out but have to keep letting them down.

Hope I don't still feel like this at school because I don't think I could face it.

• oh ladies, we all need more holiday! I used to be a teacher so know how hard that first half term is, not great time to be in 1st trimester, hopefully it'll fly by and soon as we all start into 2nd trimester we'll feel better.

i am so grumpy today, got 3 hrs sleep after husband was on a late shift and didnt get in till 4am, i ended up on the sofa i couldnt sleep at all.

the tiredness is starting to effect me badly so have given up giving up caffiene, i cant do itimage
  • Looks like we're all the same first trimester boat!

Work is so boring it makes me want to fall asleep at my desk! I'm counting down my maternity leave lol!

This Saturday I didnt get out of bed until 4pm image
  • I swear I feel worse this time round as well - I'm sure I wasn't as nauseaus, or as tired. Work is killing me, even though I sit at a desk all day...cant wait for maternity leave already!! I had viral tonsilitis last week that completely floored me, and made me so dizzy/weak I had to call DH home from work as I was too scared to walk down our steep stairs with DD in case I fainted and dropped her.

That said, I've had lots of comments about how I'm "glowing", which is nice as I never got that at all with DD and was deeply disappointed ha ha! x
  • wow glad im not the only one struggling image

ive now got some hayfever type thing and cant stop sneezing, my daughter is a bit freaked out! my nose hurts and my head is sore.

the tiredness is a joke now too, literally my eyes are struggling to stay open, i need more rest!
  • Im really struggling this time round as well. I never remember being this tired. I could sleep all day and night, and actually did the other day. I think I was asleep for about 18 hours of the day. My hubby is being fantastic and taking over with the little one, but I just feel useless. I hope I get some energy back soon. My midwife thinks I could need iron tablets, I had my booking in bloods done today so hopefully will know soon.

I hope you start to feel better soon. xxx
  • interesting about the iron,

i am craving beef, only beef.

my mum reckons its because i need iron, but my pregnacare says it has all the iron i need. confused.

feel rough still, and hungry 24/7