Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

so frightened : (

Think I am going mad!

My sickness feels like it is begining to stop. Didn't feel sick last night and not feeling too bad today. This is making me very paranoid as this happened with my first pregnancy although I wasn't as sick. So scared something is going to happen to my little bean : (

Got midwife on Friday and I know she will say that it doesn't matter and that everything could still be ok but that is what she said last time. I know there is nothing I can do about it but I have waited so long for a baby and can't imagine it turnig out ok. I still have to wait about 2 and a half weeks for my 12 week scan so it will be a long wait.

Please let it be ok. :cry:

Replies

• my sickness went away about 10 days ago... i panicked big time and had my 7 week scan and bubs was fine.

its been another week and no sickness, everything else, just no sickness.

i have 3 weeks ish till scan and will worry every minute till then but what we can try to do is stay positive for our babies and hope and pray that they stay comfy and we'll see them all bouncing away at the scans

xxx

8+3
  • Hi Sophie,

Totally understand why you are worried - I'm the same. I was never sick, but my nausea disappeared between 8-10 weeks and I was frantic. I had a scan anyway & all was perfect but it had me really worried. The nurse at the EPU said it is totally normal & it is a sign of the placenta starting to take over & so your hormone level dropping. Whatever it was, it has now happened in this pg & the one when I had my little boy. It IS totally normal but that doesn't stop us from worrying.

Xxxxx
  • My sickness has died off and my boobs are no longer sore... I am a little worried about it but this is my first pregnancy so I am using my ignorance as a way of calming myself down! Got my scan a week tomorrow so hopefully the worrying is for nothing, I think you need to think that the more you worry the more conscious of any changes you'll be and the more strain you'll put on your bubba!! Everything Ive read says that it's normal.... If u are worried though ask your doctor for an earlier scan image
  • Your sickness will start to tail off towards the end of the first trimester, its totally normal, so please try not to worry! I've noticed mine is really coming and going now, rather than being nauseas 24/7 like the last few weeks. There will be a point in the next few weeks when placenta has totally taken over when you'll wake up feeling great, the sickness and tiredness will be gone - its fab! Make the most of that until the knackerdness kicks back in towards the endimage xx
  • Well it came back!!

I don't mind because it makes me feel better (if that makes sense?). It's not as bad as it has been but still keep gagging at certain smells and being sick when I wake up image

Midwife was very positive today and said that if I am still feeling sick now it is a good sign as I am past 9 weeks and risk of MC is significantly reduced. I won't be convinced until I see my little baby again on that screen. Still no appointment yet but should get a letter next week - hopefully.