Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan Date - No cover at work!

Hi has anyone been in this situation before, I have my 12 weeks scan, I have already put it off by a week as work is so manic and almost everyone has been signed of sick ect, leaving only me and a couple of others, what will I do if they say I can't have the day off? I need the whole day to travel there. I haven't told work yet, but am planning to do so on monday. I think I'm just worrying about it to much, anyone got any words of advice?

Replies

• Options
    G/C from DID. It is your legal right to take time off for ANY appointments which are directly related to your pregnancy, and you are entitled to be paid.

HTH
  • Options
    Star I know what its like having to get people to cover and the hassle it causes but you'll have to say to them that you've already put it off by a week and you can't delay it any longer as its important. Its not your fault everyone is off. Its the same at my place, people are always off and I never am but it certainly gets noticed when I have been for appointments.

Are you have the nuchal fold test too because that has to be done before 14 weeks?

Don't let them make you put it off again. Good luck for Monday chick xxx
  • Options
    It is your legal right but why on earth would you need the whole day off? Is your hospital 3 plus hours away??? The scan will only last half hour!?!
  • Options
    Yes @ little miracle, the hospital is a three hour drive, it would not be possible for me to go in to work I would not take a full day if I did not need to.

Thanks everyone for your words of advice and support, work have been informed and I can have the day off, but to be honest I would have had to go anyway so would have pulled a sickie.Not had the nuchal fold test, all I have had is my hour app with midwife where they did blood tests, how is this test done? I should be more clued up maybe they mentioned it to me but i was taking in to much info!
  • Options
    The nuchal fold test is to scan for downs syndrome but I think only certain hospitals do it. Im having it done as part of my first scan as it has to be done between 11 and 14 weeks. Glad you got it sorted at work xx
  • Options
    Glad you've got it sorted star image Enjoy your scan xx
  • Options
    Hospital is a 3-hr drive away?! God, here's hoping you have a slow labour!!image x
  • Options
    Is that your nearest maternity hospital?!?! I had my baby in 6 hrs. I could not have travelled in a car 3 hrs in!