Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012

Two more days to hide bump! How to do it?

I work part time and only have thursday and friday this week at work then I've got scan on the 13th and after that I feel ready to tell work. So that means only two more days left needing to hide the belly.

Thing is I've just been on two weeks holiday and really "popped" during that time. I was already struggling to hide bump before going off on my holidays. Now I'm thinking it's gonna look like I'm returning with extra cargo!! :lol:

What would you guys wear to hide up bump, with out looking totally suspicious (ie I don't normally go to work in a tent) or ridiculous??? I have to look vaguely smart. No jeans and t-shirt. I tried wearing a big shirt without belt, but it still really shows. What shapes are more forgiving??

Help! Just two piddly days!!

Replies

• Do you have anything A line or Empire line? These are quite forgiving shapes. If all else fails, tell everyone that you ate like a pig on holiday and that you put on loads because of that :lol: he he he. Good luck! Xx

... and if I did say that.... it would be the truth anyway.... I ate my way through sweden!!!
  • G/C from due in feb

Hi! i had this prob too! not at work but with the other mums at the school gates (who love a 'who's pregnant?' gossip!) i had my scan after the kid's had broken up so had to hide a rather large bump till 12 weeks. i found that all black with a bright open long cardi worked well, with a well placed oversized handbag! also big earings, sounds strange but something sparkly up near your face keeps people's eyes up top and away from bump! good luck! image
  • Did you manage Annika?! X
  • yup managed just fine. Found this really cool vest wich zipped up at the front and kind of hung in a rushed kind of fashion over bump and totally hid it. You just couldn't see anything at all. Wore it both days.

milliepop - Also sported some big bright earings , so that was what people noticed. Worked a treat.

Scan on tuesday now, so nearly there. We all now what a drag it is to wait for scan so can't wait for it to get done!

Last BBQ of the year today. Weather is holding up here so fingers crossed it'll b a good one. Will tell those friends who are coming (even if not had scan yet) as am bored and tired of hiding bump up and trying to make grape juice look like a glass of ros????. :lol: