Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

stretching pains in my tummy

when i stand now my tummy feels like somethings pulling... it kinda hurts a bit.

when does ur uterus pop and start to be a bump as so far its bloat but i have a feeling its starting to be actual bump as its becoming harder.

im 11 weeks now,

Replies

• Hi,

I have had bad stretching pains the whole of this pregnancy, very uncomfortable! I didnt at all in my first pregnancy which is strange as you would think it had more stretching to do the first time around!

I popped around 16 weeks with my son. Im 14 at the moment and look like ive had a big lunch :roll:

Does anyone pull their tummy muscles, when they turn over in their sleep? Bit random. I guess its because all the muscles are relaxing and stretching, but as I lift up to turn over I sometimes reaaallly pull a muscles, hurts alot!!
  • yeh in my sleep too, rolling over hurts a bit, and i cant sleep on my tummy anymore!

first pregnancy i didnt have this either, very strange!!

i dont have much in the way of stomach muscles anymore though lol great stuff!
  • I think I may have popped, OH came home today after 7 days away & thinks I look huge image But then I can probably still hide it with careful outfit choices so maybe not?

I've had various pains in various places (!), def can't sleep on my tummy anymore & my stomach muscles (what is left of them) pull a lot more easily & it HURTS!

Xx
  • I'm the same, I have to get up slowly and turn over slowly in bed otherwise I do get a bad pain that lasts a few seconds - OW! The same when I sneeze which seems to be a lot!!
  • I'm sneezing loads at the moment too Angel.... Surely sneezing isn't another symptom?! Xx
  • I think it is, apparently our nasal passages are narrower! Think its due to the progesterone xx
  • Lol, is that's google find or are you a biologist??!image

• Google of course, its where I learn everything! :lol:
  • omg sneezing!! i sneeze in my frigging sleep!

driving me nuts, i cant blame hayfever anymore either as its autumn lol
  • I sneeze lots too! Keep thinking I am getting a cold but glad others are the same. :lol:

My muscles stretch in bed too. Very uncomfortable. I like to lie on my back sometimes too but is this bad for baby?
  • i can only sleep on my back and even with my first i did... naughty.

i literally cannot sleep on a side as i crush my bladder and may as well sleep on the toilet haha.
  • Glad someone has found the answer to the sneezing thing, as I couldn't stop sneezing a couple of weeks ago and thought I was going mad!

@ Sophie- lying on your back isn't meant to be good further on in your pregnancy (I think from second trimester onwards) as the pressure of the baby on your spine can stop blood flow and make you feel a bit dizzy I think.
  • ha ha me too, i am constantly sneezing and not just one sneeze, double sneezes, i thought i was going mad, glad you all are sneezing too!
  • i was up all night sneezing!

its not a cold... its nothing, argh!
  • Gosh I was convinced there was something very strange happening in my belly, when I'm in full flow of my working day I quite often get a pulling pain from my belly button outwards - sounds a lot like this stretching thing you guys are describing!!! My belly is hardening now too and my flabby belly is clearing way for a bump! I showed my boyfriend but he just went 'yeah, getting big' which could either mean the craving for pork pies are having their impact or I'm actually getting a bump!

Sleeping wise, I'm still good on my belly which is good cuz I'm not sure how else I'm going to sleep!
  • yay for bumps! soon we can have a bump thread image

i officially have a cold, and my baby does too. bummer!!

i sneeze so much i think my nose may go on strike.