Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

comments already :(

all i ever get when i tell people we're pregnant again is

'you must want a boy now then?'

erm... no. I dont mind.

why does noone believe me???

2 girls = wonderful

1 of each = wonderful

Replies

• hmm yea I'm getting that a bit as well.

My partner has a big family and so far there are 6 boy cousins and only two girls and now everyone is 'hoping' for a girl.

Feels a little weird, as if you don't want to dissapoint by giving birth to the wrong gender... but I know they don't really mean it like that...

And ofcourse you don't really acre, as long as baby is healthy and happy.
  • yeh i put them straight and say we're blessed and will be happy with whatever sibling imogen will have.

they usually shhhhh.

ive already had my 'bump' fondled by my MIL... argh! get away from me!
  • I've had that, but the other way round as I have a boy, but only asked as a question rather than a statement, so I get the chance to tell them (honestly), that I would love a brother for my son and yes a girl would be nice but the complexity of mother daughter relationships scare the heck out of me! I have had loads of "Oooh, you didn't waste much time" which confuses me as there will be a two year age gap almost. I think people must forget how old Benjamin is - I can't believe it half the time!

• G/C from DID, but I sympathise with you. I have a beautiful 17 month old boy, who I just adore. Im due in 11 weeks, and we havent found out the sex, as we really dont mind what we get, as long as they are happy and healthy. But on a daily basis, I get people saying 'wouldnt it be nice if it was a girl' or ' I bet you want a Daughter this time'..... I swear, the next person that says it, I might just have to go all pregnancy hormoanal on the butt!! lol
  • g/c from due in feb! i know just how you feel.

i have 2 girls and am getting this all the time,

"do you know what you're having... no, oh you must want a boy" or " i bet your hubby wants a boy"

aahhhhhhhhhh!!! no i don't WANT a boy, i want a healthy baby i'm not bothered. i'd love another girl, i'd love a boy i just want a happy healthy bubba!! image
  • its odd isnt it how people think its ok to ask it?

gah. maybe im way too sensitive at the moment lol, i just want my baby to get here, im tired already and only 3 months.
  • I've had people requesting a girl from me! Yeah because thats something I can control *grumble grumble* part of me worries if we do have a girl that Dexter will be ignored a bit by family/friends. Fortunately he'll too young to understand whats going on but still image
  • G/C from due in Nov! I have a little girl and we found out we are expecting a boy and I constantly get 'oh one of each, that's the perfect set' Errr, was I collecting a set? And if it was another girl that wouldn't be perfect? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to answer!!! xxx
  • perfect set lol yeh right!

my mum had a boy, then a girl and then 2 more boys... then she had my sister... imagine if my sis had been another boy!! its so strange.

plumduff i feel that way if this ia a boy, my family in law will probably be very disapointed if i had a boy this time as they are so enjoying having a girl born in the family (not one born in 50 years)... i dunno, 2 months to find out!
  • I've been told I "must" produce a boy this time as both grandparents are due a boy next!! We actually would love another girl, as it would be nice with the small age gap, but also DH loses his job in Jan so would be much, much cheaper to re-use all DD's stuff!!

And I have *no* idea how you deal with a tiny winkie ha ha!! x
  • yeh... i am a little frightened of tinky winkies... (dont tells hubs lol)
  • yeh... i am a little frightened of tinky winkies... (dont tells hubs lol)

:lol:

Winkies are easy, just make sure they're pointing down in the nappy image
  • ah see didnt know that lol
  • G/C sorry - saw this and I know how you feel. I have not long had no3. My first 2 were boys (with much disappointment from family with the 2nd boy) WHen I was pg with no 3 I got from everyone comments about it needing to be a girl/I bet you are praying for a girl/ We don't need any more boys etc etc etc. I did find out at a scan this time but purely for financial reasons - could we sell boys did we need to buy girls etc. Which room?

WHen we found out it was a girl I had lots of peoplesaying "good we don't wnat anymore boys in the family"

I didn't care what I had as I love my boys and would have been just as happy with a boy. people didn't believe me though. Having had a girl now I feel that people are all over her but tend to sidetrack my boys as there are 2 of them. I also find changing girls nappies more challenging than boys at least you know where they will aim when they wee :lol:

I just know how many of my family would have been forever disappointed if it had been a boy as I would never have produced a golden girl for thme!!
  • ah thats so sad!

i guess i'd get used a willy lol to be fair my husband struggles to change our daughter as he doesnt know what to do!!

i wonder how long it'll take to get 'will u have a 3rd' if we dont get a boy...
  • I got a good one today from someone at work who I barely know "was it planned?" errrrr, "f*#k off and mind your own business".... Of course I replied "yes" and smiled sweetly...

• I have a little boy and EVERYONE thinks I will now want a girl. The thing is I really don't mind. In fact another little boy would probably be easier for room etc, but if its a little girl then fantastic.

It is really annoying and when I say I don't mind people look at me as if Im lying. I find out the sex in 2 weeks, and I just know if its another boy, people will think Im disappointed but there is no way I will be. I will love my child regardless of its sex.

xxx
  • argh is it planned.

jeeez i cant wait for that tomorrow after my scan. bluergh.

a lady from baby group is due in 4 weeks and had a 1 yr old so the gap is 13 months and they ask her all the time. both are totally planned!!

AND shes having another boy!! SHOCK HORROR, she must be so disappointed. She is glad she doesnt have to go baby shopping again lol bless her.

got ages till our 20 week scan, booooo. 12 week one tomorrow image
  • I am sick of the question- was it planned?! you've been busy! There's loads of siblings out there with 2 year age gaps and their parents would have had to have been busy imageD

My mil said the other day what are going to do with the new baby? er... see if we like it and if after 30 days we don't we'll send it back?! I said what do you mean? She said well you've already got X in the cot. Baby will be in with us and then we'll buy X a bed as she'll be 2+ by then- simples! image
  • oh my god that comment is driving me up the wall was it planned?? and what business is it of yours? that and along with blimey that was quick (i just got married in July) i'm so fed up i now reply with actually i was 6 weeks pregnant on my Wedding day!