Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

All the gross things your body does in pregnancy!

Argh I'm tired of getting surprised by weird stuff happening to my body which I have no control over. I feel pretty unattractive already with any more additional grossness thanks.

I entered the achy nipple period a few weeks back and it's now got so bad that I get nervous stepping into the shower... just incase a water jet catches my nipple (it's not even a power shower). ungh it is sooooo painful.... and I can totally forget any fondling. If he goes anywhere near my boobs I will bite his head off!

At least I'm not lactating yet, although that came really early last time round as well so can only wait.

This week it's the flippin arrival of the completely unnecessary discharge, probably the grossest of them all (I do apologise to anyone of a sensitive nature).

I really see no funktion or need for it.... as far as I'm concerned it's just nature's way of making sure you reach your limit of how much you can possibly take in the way of body dysmorphia before your overactive hormones make you start crying hysterically to your partner about how yukky and unattractive you feel (yes I've already done that).

Sorry to rant, but I just feel like a pregnant blobb at the moment.

(I also cried watching Angelina Ballerina at the weekend... she had a very bad day at her new school)

Oh and forgot one: I do the smelliest most disgusting farts

Replies

• I'm sick of struggling to go to the loo image( I keep getting tummy ache and tummy pains because of it- but boy does it feel good to be able to eventually go!
  • Lol yep I know what you mean Annikaskoog!

Cheekychops this has happened to me too, I felt like I was in labour and thought if this is bad how am I going to cope with the real thing!
  • ha ha yes me too! i got a pain in my side whilst 'trying to go' and that was bad enough i am gonna be a mess during labour, it was painful enough having the plaster ripped off after my blood test last tuesday image oh i am such a wimp!
  • Haha! So true....

I'm there with you Annika, although need to add terrible skin to list also.

And eyes so itchy I want to gouge them out. Not gross I guess but freaking annoying!

• oh, not had the itchy eye thing... sounds 'interesting', is it defo a pregnancy thing?
  • Well the power of google says definitely maybe...

Dry eye syndrome - hormones (yes, those little buggers again) mean we can produce fewer tears making our eyes dry, itchy, gritty etc. Which is ironic as my tear production has definitely increased in the last month or so!

:?
  • Lol to this thread and that god for it! A release of all thing I want to tell my oh but think he'll cringe at!

1- discharge, yucky mess which is like slime from ghostbusters! Makes me feel oh sooooo sexy :roll:

2- constipation - my poo is so solid it makes my arse bleed on the way out! I also don't think I have had a normal poo since the day I found out!

3 - itchy eyes and heightened allergies, my eyes are sooo bash that I spend most of my work day looking like a red eyed demon! I also can't play with the dogs anymore for fear of a hour long sneezing fit!

4. Random farts and dribbles of wee when laughing!!! I have no control of my body - is this punishment for laughing!!! 'No more laughing pregnancy girl- take this explosion of embarrassment instead'

There's bound to be millions more - it's still early days!!! :cry:
  • Annika i'm sorry but I did have to giggle at your post.

I'm fed up of the gunky discharge stuff too though I have noticed that if you join the boots parenting club you get vouchers for panty liners.

Ladies in regards to pain in labour - epidurals are heaven in a syringe.
  • This post is soooo true. I feel so unattractive. The only good thing for me is I normally suffer with coldsores but whilst being pregnant its the only time I dont get them.

Constipated ladies try lactulose, its all naturla and completely safe.

My nails are also a right state, breaking and all dry.

I just want to hide for the next 25 weeks. xxx
  • x-plumduff-x - we are MEANT to laugh at it. What's the option.... I'd cry and crawl into my own self-loathing little gunky hole and come back only on due date hi hi

hmm maybe I should do the boots thing, I could do with some panty liners.

Yesterday I thought my belly-button leaked, and despite being educated to a decent level and knowing fully well that NOTHING comes out of your belly-button.... I found myself going "well that's just bloody great, now what grossness am I producing?"

It was half a segment of orange my toddler had very helpfully dropped down my top.

:lol:
  • Actually, i do have really good hair...
  • My hairs crap - desperately need roots done. Need to think of a positive..............it does seem to be growing faster (making roots worse!!), does that count?! X

PS love the idea of belly button leakage, think that would the final straw before I crawl into a hole for 5 or so months!!