Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeling emotional

Hi Ladies

I hope that ur all well.

is anyone else feeling emotional?? Just the last few days my OH has been a bit quiet and off and this morning when i got up i said to him "think little one prefers the left side of my belly as this side is hard and the other side isnt" i half expected him to put his hand on my belly or something but he just said "thats weird" i honestly felt like crying.

I mean we have been through so much to get where we r now and he seems to be really off with me!! Could i have done something wrong or is he just being weird?? xx

Replies

• have you tried talking to him? i don't think you have done anything wrong at all, it may be that because you are carrying the baby and generally getting more attention from people he is maybe feeling a bit left out? The other night i was sat in bed reading a heavy book and had it resting on my bump and the baby must of felt it and moved down as i felt some pressure towards the bottom of my tummy and i said "oh i think the baby has moved down' and straight away my husband was like you can feel the baby moving and haven't told me?" i think sometimes we forget yes we have to go through morning sickness and tiredness but we also get some of lifes most exciting and new experiences like feeling the babies move for the first time and out partners don't even though it is their baby too, try talking to him and see if anything is on his mind and express how you are feeling, try not to bottle it up but also remember you are very hormonal at the moment and normally that comment may not have made you want to cry.

hope you start feeling a bit brighter soon image xx
  • oh hun, pregnancy is so emotionally tough, i struggle daily not to burst into tears at anything.

if u need to cry or shout then do it, bottling it up wont help, plus u have a big excuse!