Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012

Maternity Leave

Ok so Im a bit ahead of myself, but my best friend starts her maternity leave today so I have been thinking when I might leave.

Last time I worked until 34 weeks and then took holiday. Im already suffering with SPD so I think this time I may go earlier. A lot of the July mummies who are further gone than me (29 weeks on) are really struggling and a few have been signed off until maternity leave starts.

I manager a care home for challenging behavior, so Im having to weigh up the risks as well. Im also expected to work over xmas, but its not going to happen. So I think I maay leave at 29 weeks, which is the week of xmas. I know its early, but Luke and I will have some quality time together and as Im not thinking of returning to work, it wont mean I have to return early.

I kind of feel a bit lazy leaving so early, but oh well I'll soon make up for it runnning around after 2 under 2.

Have any of you had any thoughts? xxx

Replies

• Hi Dxxx, I started a thread on this a couple of days ago, I'm thinking I'll leave in the last week of Feb when I'll be 36 weeks and then hopefully take holiday pay at the end of the year when I hand my notice in. Things may change as I get bigger though although I only work as a receptionist but I do work 8-5 Mon-Fri which is quite tiring xx
  • If you're not going back & can afford to leave at Christmas then go for it - fat chance of being lazy when you have a LO running about!!! I thought about finishing at Christmas but at the moment I am planning on going back (this may change!), & I hate the thought of going back straight after Christmas - it would ruin my Christmas!!

I'm finishing 9th Feb @ 36+2 xx
  • I'm finishing at the end of Feb (28th). DS was three weeks early and I didn't actually make it to my maternity leave! Don't want to risk that happening again this time so want to give myself 4 weeks. Also, I only work 3 days a week so hopefully it won't be too tiring (probably more relaxing than being at home - ha ha!). Have just arranged for DS to start pre-school the same week so hopefully it will all work out !