Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Aqua-fit and feeling sooooo good!

Went to a new aquafit course last night (used to go loads both before and during last pregnancy).

Not done ANY excersise what so ever so far in this pregnancy and was feeling a bit so so about the prospect of getting half naked with a bunch of strangers, and slo worried I'd get to out of puff to get anything out of it.

Boy was I worrying about nothing!!! I had the best night's sleep I've had in ages (suffered with horrid nightmare lately) and feel so good about myself all day today. Like I have MORE energy.

So what is the point of this post... maybe just to say that actually it seems worth making an effort even if we feel abit pooped and fed-up. I really do feel so much better for it. Will defo keep going once a week. image

Replies

• I think I will start going to one at the pool near me. It's not a pregnancy one but I'm sure it will be ok if I tell them I'm pregnant.

Glad you enjoyed it and I can imagine it does give you a good nights sleep. I keep waking up in the night then i'm knackered during the day!
  • Oooh I'm inspired now. Think I might join up. Thanks ladies! image
  • my pool does these and free swimming for preggers ladies!
  • That's great. I used to swim loads as we were a member of a lovely gym but after I went back to work neither of us were using it & it was costing more than ??120 a month so we quit. There's a ladies only swim at my local pool on a wed evening so I'm going to start that. Also there's a pre/postnatal yoga class on a Monday near me do going to try that hopefully too!

Fingers crossed it makes me sleep too, I'm awake loads going to the loo, then it takes me an age to get back to sleep image
  • mine is not one especially for pregnancy but you can just do it at your own pace and the water is great as such low impact. Just need to tell instructor u are pregnant.
  • I was going to go to an aqua natal class at my local sports centre - but I thought last time they said not to start until 16 weeks. Has anyone else heard this ?

• No I haven't heard that Ladywithalittleboy.

Maybe ask why they said so? Could it be to get the most out of the class?

It really shouldn't be bad for you at any stage of pregnancy. I mean like all other exercise the general advice, as far as I know (don't quote me though) is don't suddenly start anything vigorous during pregnancy if you're not used to exercising from before... but gentle exercise is recommended throughout the whole of the pregnancy?? But then again if they said so there must be a reason?