Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Have you felt your baby move yet?

Hi

I am 13+5 and not sure if I have felt baby move yet. Still very paranoid something will go wrong even though scan was ok and baby was moving about. Just want to have a big bump now and feel my baby move image

Got a little bump but in the morning I don't look pregnant at all and when I hold my muscles in. Kids at school still don't know but will do soon as I get bigger.

Just worried something will be wrong and I won't get any bigger.

Sorry to be negative but nobody else understands. Everyone else is just expecting it to be ok and getting excited but I am still finding it hard to get excited.

Started exercising again but worried this will end in MC.

very worried :cry:

Replies

• Hello!

I think until the baby is actually out of our bodies its normal to be paranoid about everything!

I start to feel tickles at 16 weeks, but only slightly and even then im not sure if its wind or not :lol:

Please try not worry, I know its hard. Theres no way excercise will make you miscarry, if anything it will good for you and baby...like you said you have had your scan and everything is fine..wont be long and your tummy will pop and you will start feeling the tiny person inside you wiggling about all over the place!

xx
  • Hi there image

I remember when I was pg with my son I found the time between my 12 week scan and when I first started feeling movement (at 18+6) really difficult as I just didn't feel or look pg. I'm a teacher and the kids didn't notice till 19 weeks. The thing that helped me (& I'm not advocating these as I know some people hate them) was a doppler. I bought a cheap angel sounds one from amazon & listened weekly from 13+4 (why do I remember these exact dates?!). I'm using it this time & l love it. I think the reason a lot of people don't like them because some people use them as reassurance later in pg when they have reduced movement which you shouldn't do as there could still be a problem.

Anyway, total digression!! But I do understand how you feel. Please don't worry about exercise, it will be great for you & I am sure the fact that I walked & swam lots helped me to have a quick and easy (ish!) labour.

Ive started to feel movement for about a week now, but you're meant to feel it earlier second time.

Xxx
  • oh bless u dont worry, the time after the scan is kinda annoying as you had the relief of seeing baby but it all goes again once u leave the room.

i have def felt this baby, could be nothing else, but i have been pregnant before and not long ago, so my stomach isnt exactly elle macpherson lol

hope u feel baby soon, its magic when it happens and then wakes u up all night teehee!

xxx
  • I had a doppler when pregnant with my little boy, and I would never do that again!!! It only served to make me even more paranoid. Dopplers are great for a bit of a laugh but if you are already worried they can be a source of unhappyness (as was for me).

Thing to remember is that we are all so different in pregnancy and our bodies look different our babies lie differently etc. Some people will find the heartbeat real easy each time and locate the baby at every go. But sometimes (esp in early pregnancy) baby is lying low or has it's back turned or your placenta is high or any other number of reasons may make it impossible to find a heartbeat some days. So if you found the heartbeat yesterday and then suddenly can't find it today, then that might make you MORE worried (this was the case for me) even if baby is perfectly fine in there!!!

I thought it was pretty cool when it worked and I enjoyed it but then it was just too much of a worry and I gave it to my friend, who really enjoyed having it.

Also Sophie I don't know if it's your first or you already had a baby before. But with my first I felt nothing until I was 22 weeks. So try not to worry too much as movements will come in time.

We all worry all the time, it's natural. We can't relax until baby is out.... at which point we can start worrying about wether they're feeding enough or pooping the right colour. Hi hi. If we didn't something would be amiss. That's what mums do!!!image
  • thank you for your replies.

Feeling a bit better. See the midwife on 14th Oct - can't wait!

I want to get excited and start buying things but don't want to just yet.

• I've been feeling baby since 10wks! Much earlier than last time, but it cant be anything else, and its always in the same place, and around the same times every day. I look *very* pregnant though and I'm only 14+3! x
  • If it's your first you'll feel it later than those of us having 2nd, 3rd etc babies. I can't remember exactly when I started feeling dd, but it started off like a spider was running inside me, and I've already had that sensation this time. It was ages though until I started getting proper kicks and movements.

Everyone shows differently too, if you've got strong muscles and you've not had one before you'll probably show later. This time round I've definitely popped out sooner!

Try not to worry too much xxx