Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feel Upset

We had a gender scn today and found out we are having another little girl, when we were told I looked at my OH and I could see the disapointment on his face I was choked our little girl was with us so I made a big fuss showing her the baby on the screen. when we left I asked him outright how he felt he just said well I would have liked to have a son but i'm fine, but he has been quiet and brooding. I am so upset and really cross with him I feel so protective of this little life growing inside me and resent him so much tonight.

I know this will end in a row I feel I need to get how I feel off my chest but not sure how to do it,

Just wanted to get it off my chest so thanks for being there ladies image x

Replies

• hi seen this on side stream.

i have 2 girls and i know my hubby would have loved a boy but thats not what nature intended for us so we are thankful.

give your hubby so space to get his head around it, he doesnt mean to upset you and it doesnt mean he will love his daughter any less, its just different but he will come round.

my hubby went the complete opposite to sort his head out about it and went and brought everything pink he could find!

our little girl is now 21 months and daddy looves her so much and im sure your hubby will too love your daughter.

anyway everyone knows, little girls always love their daddys xx
  • thanks so much for your response xx I do understand he needs time I just wish I did not feel so let down xx
  • oh hun, its a totally different reaction for a man isnt it. I dont think they understand the completely random nature of it and if they want a boy enough it'll be one.

i know my husband is fine with another girl BUT on the other hand, if its a boy i know he'll also be thrilled.

it almost puts me off knowing as i always get asked if we want a boy, which i dont answer.

in time he'll be so in love with his family of girls he wont even remember this.

dont argue over it, he's just getting over the not having a son, which for some people takes time.

xxxx
  • Im having another boy and everyone thinks I must be really upset as I didnt get my "daughter" but to be honest I couldnt care less as long as baby is healthy thats all that matters.

Im sure he will come around to having two girls hun, maybe he is worried about the cost of two weddings, lol.

Men just dont think sometimes. My hubby is terrible for speaking before he thinks. Im use to it now but it still upsets me sometimes.

xxx
  • this morning after a sleepless night for me, he gave me a hug and then kissed my tummy he said sorry for being insensitive and he just needed to gtet his head round it, D he did say I am going to have to start saving now for the weddings and he told me I was the ref for the bust ups I think it wss a good idea to find out now as I would have been devastated if he reacted like that when I had actually given birth I probably would have knocked him out LOL.

So 2 girls I am over the moon over the next couple of weeks going to get all the 0-3 down from the loft and start sorting through the nesting begins.

Once again thabks for taking the time to reply all of you lovelies you helped me feel supported when I felt so low xxxxx
  • Glad he's apologized! X
  • Only just seen this - so pleased you have sorted it now. Would have been horrible to have to stew on it. As you say so lucky you did find out as that reaction would have been even more devastating at the birth.

Take care x
  • My OH was absolutely in bits when we found out our first was a girl. He didn't speak to me for nearly 2 days. I think the thought of having a daughter really scared him. He came around eventually and now he absolutely dotes on her, she's 18 months! Now and again I make him feel guilty for his reaction. Now we have our 3rd girl on the way!! He didn't dare be disappointed this time! lol
  • I'm glad its sorted out hon.