Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sorry but need to rant!

Hi ladies, sorry for this but I really need to vent.

It turns out I'm going to be stopping work on Thursday. Of this week. That was a bit of a shock!

So, I'm a driving instructor and I was planning on stopping at Christmas before I got too big and uncomfortable to be in the car all day. But I have my car on contract hire and my current contract runs out at the start of next week. As I've been with the same company since I started I thought it would have been easy enough to get an extension to take me to Christmas. But apparently not and they wanted to start charging me ??200 a week! I don't think so! There's just no point working like a demon and stressing myself out just now, just to pay for a car that's not even mine.

So I'd just got my head around that when I've just discovered they expect me to deliver the car to them during office hours before next Monday, ie Friday. Only problem is the office is in Leicester and I'm in Glasgow, so Friday is going to be a 650 mile round trip to drop of the car. What fun that will be. This on the same day I'm already feeling dodgy after having a massive hot and dizzy spell in ASDA and having lots of people run round after me.

The only good thing is that my Dad has offered to come on the trip with me so that I don't have to do all the driving.

So boo for car hire companies and work and yay for daddies and nice strangers in the supermarket! What a couple of weeks!

Replies

• Wow what a day you have had. Thats rubbish that you are expected to drop off the car, but lovely of your dad to come to look after you. Try not to get too stressed over the car, and just look forward to having lots of rest before baby comes along. At least you have lots of time for xmas shopping image xxx