Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pram

Not really focused at work today... can you tell?!?!!? :lol:

So, for 1st time mummy's what pram are you thinking? I remember this being such a tough decision!!!! We went with an all singing, all dancing travel system - Mamas and Papas Joolz which is lovely BUT we bought the bugaboo bee plus after 6 months and haven't used the Joolz since.

So for 2nd (or more!) time mummys - are you getting a double? Whats your age gap? Part of me thinks lets just get a buggy board for the Bee as I still adore it. The the other side of me is getting suckered in to all the newborn carrycot business and I LOVE THE BUGABOO DONKEY. Not everyones taste I know but Oh Man I think its brilliant!!!! Down side - Its 1200 quid. Is that really worth it? My DD is tiny (9th centile for weight) so I think it will last us maybe more than others? Is it justifiable!??!?! :?

Replies

• Me too - I'm meant to be working from home but getting a bit side tracked (i'll do it later!!)

I went round in circles for our first pushchair. We ended up with a Quinny buzz. I was adament at the start that I hated it, wasn't going to have a 3 wheeler and generally didn't like the look of it until I started to have a play around with them. I still use it now at 23 months old. We do have a cheaper stroller that hubby uses on his days off with J but I will always use the Quinny.

As a second timer I'd love a double. My little boy will be 2 years 4 months tho. He has been walking since 10 months old but when out he is all over the place and I can't imagine going shopping with him walking, He too is small and I think he tires easily. I think I will end up getting a buggy board.

I will also be getting a sling and using that for the baby initially and keep J in the buggy for a while so hopefully the extra time will help.

If I were to get a double despite not particularly liking them I would be looking at a phil and teds as can revert easily to a single. I do like the bugaboo donkey tho (although a bit of an unfortunate name for it! )
  • Hey

I went to a Mothercare event last week and ordered the Spin, really liked it and it came with everything, we have a maxi cosy car seat which fits it too. Its lightweight and folds really small as well which is great for me lifting it when Im on my own.
  • We're thinking of getting the Oyster Travel System as that's one of not very many that will fit in the boot of my little car! Just need to save up for it now! It does have good reviews though so I just need to decide on the colour I want!
  • We got the spin for no1 but now we need a double, which i dont like as i dont like any of them image
  • G/c Angel we have the oyster and love it. we too have small car boot and we fit it in no bother if we take off one rear wheel at just the click of a button. With both rear wheels off we can fit chassis and pushchair body in my MIL s Kaboot -never tried her car with carrycot but sure we could of! we did opt for the maxi cosi cabrio car seat out of preference, and the adaptors so it attaches to chassis. also it has really big shopping basket compared to a lot of the other compact travel systems which i make good use out of image xx
  • G/c Angel we have the oyster and love it. we too have small car boot and we fit it in no bother if we take off one rear wheel at just the click of a button. With both rear wheels off we can fit chassis and pushchair body in my MIL s Kaboot -never tried her car with carrycot but sure we could of! we did opt for the maxi cosi cabrio car seat out of preference, and the adaptors so it attaches to chassis. also it has really big shopping basket compared to a lot of the other compact travel systems which i make good use out of image xx
  • We need a double too image I don't like any though. Personally I could never justify spending ??1200 on a donkey, but that is just me! Are there any second hand on ebay or Gumtree? Apparently there is one that is just like the Donkey but loads cheaper but I can't remember the name for the life of me now.
  • we both really like the mamas and papas Sola, it has some brilliant reviews and has won quite alot of awards, we won't be buying anyhthing until next year so may change my mind yet!
  • Thanks MrsH, another good review that I've read for it! I have a Yaris so the boot size is about the same as a KA. What did you think of the car seat that comes with it as I see you chose the maxi cosi and I have read a lot of people have opted to do this instead of using the Oyster seat? x
  • I was all set on a Bugaboo Chameleon but since having a good look in Mamas & Papas we came across the Stokke Xplory.

Its a bit different but really practical, really like how close the baby is to mum level instead of being so low down.
  • Hi Angel, we felt the maxi cosi looked a bit sturdier although im sure the oyster car seat is fine (it meets all safety standards etc). when we asked at the pram shop they said they would knock the price of the oyster car seat and then add the maxi so it only ended up costing about an extra ??40. its defintely one of the best compact prams i found on my search! i needed it for a corsa and as i said my MILs Ka. x
  • I'm a 1st timer and think we've decided on the mothercare my choice 4 wheeler.

We've not got loads of spare space so we were swayed by the idea that the seat unit does both the lie down bit and then turns into a seat afterwards, and the maxi cosi car seat fits with it.

I was totally baffeled at first with all the choices out there. But as hubby said it does everything we want!

xxx
  • I have the Graco quattro travel system single, and have got exactly the same double, as I can use my carrycot and carseat etc in it. Got it with two cosytoes and raincover, immaculate condition, ??87 on ebay - not bad for over ??450 worth of buggy!

I suspect I wont use it that often though, and will be keeping the single out, with a buggy board and also have my baby bjorn if needed, although they're not that good if I have to have another section.

• im so excited we have just put our deposit down on our pram, have been looking everywhere at all the different choices and originally we wanted the graco symbio but after a lot of researching and shopping around we found the uppababy vista, its a compact travel system it comes with the maxi cosi cabriofix car seat , a carrycot and the stroller set up, but its got loads of features even comes with a uv protection scree which pull down over the baby instead of using a parasol, it has a massive basket underneath and feels so sturdy. its a fairly new pram in this country but apparently its been going ij the US for quite a while.

heres a pic

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/janie128/Vista-main-awards.jpg

• Hi ladies,

I am 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I am really enjoying researching what pram to get, i did find it really confusing at first, but now i have my heart set on the Bugaboo Cameleon pushchair http://www.babythings4u.co.uk/item/bugaboo-cameleon-pushchair-and-carrycot--dark-grey--pink.....this is the cheapest i have found it for.

Thinking if hubby lets me i might get a Maclaren Techno XLR aswell. What are your thoughts on these 2 pushchairs???
  • Babies R Us had a sale on Monday so I went and bought a Quinny Zapp xtra travel system! 300 quid, bargain!

It's good cuz I've got a fiat 500 and it will flatten to nearly nothing... Still dont know how it works tho!

I tried to put a pic on but don't know how ... :?
  • Oooo... Good bargain!! We have our 20 week scan on friday and I can't wait to go out and get the pram sorted after!!! Can't believe I'm nearly 21 weeks - were is the time going!!!!