Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Updates

I thought that seeing as we're all near enough half way through it would be nice to have an update of how we're all doing/feeling?

I'm pooped most of the time, running round after a very active DS is taking its toll. I try to take him out every day for a walk and I come back exhausted! Other than that i'm feeling pretty well but I think this pregnancy is definately more emotional/hormonal than physical IYSWIM?

I've definately popped in the last couple of weeks but to be fair i've not been eating very well so it's not all baby image. Also feeling the baby move more regularly now, DS was making a loud noise earlier and it kept jumping! It is so reassuring being able to feel movement even if it's not all the time - though with DS he had a habit of pushing his bum and legs up into my ribcage so maybe I shouldn't wish the time away.

Lastly today my baby DS turned 1! Can't believe where the time has gone, throughout the day i've been thinking 'this time last year...' which i'm sure is compulsary when you become a mum. Still remember all of it but fondly (now i've forgotten the pain) and almost looking forward to doing it again in March. Madness I know!

Replies

• Ah good idea to have a half way update!

I am still very tired most of the time - have enjoyed it being half term this week so have been making the most of the time off and having a little afternoon nap! Not feeling sick anymore luckily though still have a funny taste in my mouth some days.

I have definitely popped out this week!! Seem to be much bigger than I was last time at this stage but suppose that is very normal.

Having lots of movements now. Looking forward to my scan next week and finding out whether we are team blue or pink.

I have had quite an intense week as we have been potty training my ds who is just over 2 and half. Fingers crossed that we are finally getting there!!

Looking forward to hearing how the rest of you are doing.

xxx
  • Hi everyone,

I'm feeling ok, this pregnancy is alot different to my first.

Have been suffering with sciatica and anemia mix it in with looking after a toddler, feel a bit pooped.

I felt like I was showing really early but it seems to have slowed down and so I think I look like

I have just eaten few too many pies!

Bit scared about labour as had rough ride last time, but when the time comes I'm sure it will be alight!? So excited for my son having a little sister image

Xx
  • Well I have put on about 11 pounds through not eating particularly well! Healthy eating starts now! Baby's movements still feel like little pops and he/she is more active at night. Probably a sign of things to come! Cant wait until my scan on 7th to find out whether its a blue or pink bump!

I'm getting up around 3 times during the night to go to the toilet even though I'm trying not to drink anything after 8pm.

18 weeks until maternity leave, all being well!
  • Hi everyone,

I can't believe that we're nearly half way there!!

I'm feeling ok, still tired most of the time but luckly i never had any sickness so maybe thats just my thing! My appetite has disappeared though, i couldn't even finish my baked potato last night (and thats not like me!!)

I'm 18+3 and not really got a definate bump yet, like you Piahigsy, i look like i've just eaten a few to many pies at the mo!

Not really felt any movement yet, bubs probably can't kick through my pie layer! Really looking forward to our next scan to make sure all is well and hopefully find out what team we're in!

xxx
  • Ooh Piahigsy I can sympathise with the sciatica. I keep getting really painful spasms and seeing a chiropractor doesn't seem to have helped :cry: . I had it before I was pregnant with DS and the doctor was very unhelpful and said it might get better it might get worse during pregnancy. That time it pretty much went but this time is definately worse.
  • I forgot about the late night loo trips! I'm exactly the same Angel, even though i try to not drink alot after teatime, i still am getting up atleast once or twice during the night!

xxx
  • sciatica is rubbish, i do yoga to help but it doesnt stop it for long.

imogen turned 1 the day before dexter so i was an emotional wreck for a while, kept crying and her bday party has made me exhausted.

this pregnancy is harder, much harder. I dont relax as often, i am eating rubbish, i havent put on much weight as i am so busy running after her.

my face is a mess, i look like a spotty teenager (did not have this with imogen! :roll: ) i have swollen feet already, glamourous!

i have my 20 week scan in 2 weeks and i am so excited to find out blue or pink... i think blue!

i have felt baby a few times, this morning the most ever and was so excited i called my hubby but baby stopped when he got in the room lol typical eh!
  • hey all,

i'm not doing too badly, have perked up alot in the last couple of weeks, i was so tired to begin with come about 2 in the afternoon i was literally falling asleep at my desk! i am managing to stay up slightly later now too....can now make it to about 10pm! woo hoo lol! I am feeling my baby girl move quite alot now but anytime i put my hand there to see if i can feel her she stops! stubborn little monkey! i too am suffering with Sciatica, it comes and goes but i am dealing with it quite well.

oh yes the middle of the night trips to the loo....it's funny isn't it during pregnancy our tummy gets bigger, our boobs get bigger even some of us get bigger feet (i don't mean go up a shoe size i mean due to swelling!), shame our bladder can't get bigger too!

xx
  • I think my skin actually appears better whilst I'm pregnant. I wont resort to getting pregnant every year though, I'll have to fork out for a facial instead!
  • lol angel thats what i thought when i was pregnant with no1, wow this is fab i look great... i'll def do this again... oh dear!
  • Ahhh, happy first birthday to your LO's plumduff & Rosemary image

I'm finding this pregnancy is going a lot quicker than my last one, but I am finding it quite a bit harder!

I'm under a consultant due to bleeds in first tri which thankfully seem to have resolved, but I'm still having issues with migraines, low BP & varicose veins - lovely!! I'm also feeling really stressed as work have been rubbish & won't complete my risk assessment so my consultant has given me a note saying I can't work till some issues have been resolved. My OH's company are about to go into receivership (not his company, he is an employee) & that is causing lots of stress as we dont know if he is going to get paid each month - I am part time & earn peanuts especially once you take out private nursery fees, so he earns by far the lion's share. Also, he is wanting to start his own company but obviously that takes a while to establish & it is just such rubbish timing with my finishing work. So I am trying to budget - not my strongest skill - and work out how long our savings will last us for...

But that's my moan. On the plus side I am feeling lots of movement, OH has felt it lots too & we can even see my tummy moving now!! I am much bigger than I was last time & there is no mistaking that I am pg! And going back to work, I only have 37 days left to work if I go back on Monday (on half term this week) - which would require my employers pulling their fingers out of their **** which may not happen!

Lovely to hear how everyone else is getting on!

Xx
  • Lovely to hear how everyone is doing image

Everyone here seems already to have a little one and I don't know how you are coping - think I would be knackered running around after a toddler as well as being pg!

I am feeling so much better now than I did in the first trimester and think I have now felt baby move which is so exciting image

I have my scan next week so looking forward to seeing baby again although I will be team yellow.

I have not bought a single thing yet, but am going to the baby show so hopefully will pick up some things then. x
  • like rachllsn3 I'm also sticking to team yellow. Had 20 week scan couple of weeks ago. Turns out we got a proper wriggler which seems strange as I'm not feeling half as much as I did with our boy. They couldn't even get us a decent pic cause baby wasn't still for long enough! Could have been the snickers bar I had just before going in. Prob gave it a sugar rush!

Feeling tons better than in the beginning.Still have to remind myself that I can't do things like before as get half through a task, stairs, up the road or what ever and just suddenly out of nowhere run out of puff and have to 'take a moment'. Had a bit of a funny turn a few weeks back which worried us, but been checked out and doc says it's fine it was just a bit of a faint spell which triggered what was prob a panick attack which raised my haertrate to the point that I thoght I was litterally at he end and about to phone 999! :roll: I know to chill if it happens again.

Getting pretty darn huge. Don't understand what I'll be like by the end if this is only half way. I'm about double from what I was last time. Still don't know a good way to upload piccies though (don't want to hassle with opening up a photobucket account etc) so you'll have to take my word for it.

Getting annoying niggling backpain now, which won't ease what ever I do. Also starting to find sleeping difficult as just can't get comfy. My giant pregnancy pillow (which I loved last time) is just annoying me and I can't get it to work for me somehow.

Seem to be the sole producer of greenhouse gasses and responsible for the enlargement of the ozone hole, as I have the worst wind ever, since about 2 months... and it just doesn't seem to get any better. My OH thinks I'm disgusting and I just keep whinging "I can't help it, it's baby" prrrrrt!

My healthy eating has taken a backseat as all I want is carbs in any format. Also anything crunchy and salty is what I need to have at hand at any given moment. Have just found out at my trip to Julian Graves earlier today that the company who makes Thai Lights have ceased producing the ricecake crackers. I think tears were actually welling up as I promptly left the shop. Lady probably thought I was bonkers. "What do you mean... somewhere must still have them? What, nowhere? But they're my favourite!""" Argggh!
  • Everyone seems to be doing pretty good so that's fab. Lovely to hear updates.

I am 19+3 and can't believe where the times gone. Took ages to get to 8/9 weeks and then bam we are here at half way. Got my scan on tuesday and going to stay team yellow. We did last time and loved the surprise. I think that we will have another boy. I think that's more to do with deep down I'd love a girl and don't want to disappoint myself so will convince myself that it is a boy. Which I don't mind as my son will love having an younger brother as they grow up.

I am feeling fab. I seem to be blooming ( which many others have also said) My hair has thickened up and quite glossy which I loved from pregnancy last time. I'm not particularly tired and becoming quite organised.

My bump has seemed to sprout from nowhere and I think I look pg but not sure it would be obvious to others really yet and maybe I just look chubby. Am getting lots of movements since a couple of days ago and can see movements on the outside which just makes me smile every time.

Just can't wait til scan. 4 Days and counting image
  • I am 19 weeks today. Loved having this week off and not looking forward to going back to work! Can't concentrate as all I can think about is this little life I am growing and how lucky I am.

Got my 20week scan on 9th Nov and will hopefully be finding out if it is a boy or a girl...can't wait!

I think I have felt baby move; it's mainly at night after tea and when I am in bed. I haven't seen the movement yet though image

I definately have a bump but it is quite small yet. I am sure it will grow lots in the next 2 weeks or so. I haven't put much weight on (about half a stone) so that's good.

Been suffering with siatica too. My sister is a podiatrist and has recommended using a slight heel raise on the opposite leg in order to align the hips as one leg tends to be longer than the other. It is often the right leg where people get the pain so the heel raise should go on the left foot. You can buy them but they are expensive. She said to make my own out of some compressed felt - apparently you can buy this from the chemist. I haven't done it yet but probably will do.

I am feeling slightly nervous most days but trying to stay positive. I just feel like I am waiting for something to go wrong and that this can't actually be happening to me! After 2 MCs it still feels like a dream.

Will be in touch when I have had the scan.
  • Hi

Great topic! I am 19+1 got my scan on weds 2nd really want to see bubs again, I can feel her quite a bit I feel this time around it is flying by almost half way there wow! Feel great most of the time sore right side like most of you I have sciatica and last night it was hell trying to get to sleep, had this week off loved spending time with my little girl.

• I love hearing how everyone else is doing - it makes you feel normal!!!

So at 19+4 i'm generally I am feeling much better. Not so tired and less sick in the mornings which is great. My appetite though is still rubbish!!!! I feel really hungry and then can only eat half my dinner before i'm full but will then be hungry again two hours later. I'm not really a snacker and i'm used to 3 meals a day so i'm finding this quite tricky. Even worse is that I am generally eatnig complete RUBBISH!!!! We have had 2 takeaways this week!!! eeek!

Weeing loads, generally up at least once a night and sometimes 2-3 times. I'm so glad to hear everyone else is like this as I thought I must have a bladder problem!! :lol: Glad its not that!!!

Feeling loads of movemnet. Probably 4-5 times a day now for a period of time. But nothing I can feel from the outside yet - too much fat in the way!!! :lol:

Can't believe we are half way; I really just want to get to the magical 24 weeks when it becomes viable in the real world and then I think I will start relaxing. Although there is always something to worry about!!! Scan is a week friday - 11/11/2011 at 11am (little bit freaky me thinks!!!!!) but exciting none the less!!!!!! image
  • What a lovely thread!!

I'm a bit behind all of you all, I'm 18+ 3 today so not quite half way yet. 20 week scan isn't until 14 November and we're staying yellow again this time. I've got two further growth scans at 18 weeks and 34 weeks so it is going to have to co-operate three times!!

Not feeling much in the way of movement, just a few wiggles every now and again. I had an anterior placenta at the 12 week scan, so that might be dulling the movements. I've definitely got a bump as people I haven't told are asking when I'm due image

It's going so fast this time. I'm a lot more tired but that probably has something to do with having an 18 month old who doesn't stop!!!

I'm suffering a lot with sciatica and I think I may have the beginings of SPD too, didn't have that last time so that is not good. My bp is behaving itself so far (I had pre-eclampsia last time so have to have fortnightly checks until 28 weeks, weekly after that) so hopefully that will stay normal.