Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2nd timers

what are you buying new?

i have most stuff from my 1st baby, blankets, bouncy chair etc.

my list is so far:

cot and mattress

new bottles (for expressing)

new muslins (after a year ours are a bit elephant grey and rubbish)

new bath foam thing for bathing

and thats it?? seems pretty boring.

if its a boy i can go buy new clothes but thats it?

Replies

• Options
    I'm pretty much the same, i think we're going to get a bed instead so the new baby can have the cot so just need new mattress for that. My dd is 10 months so got lots and lots of stuff, if its a boy i'll need to also get clothes and if its a girl i'll prob get them a few bits and pieces of their own but nothing too major... oh and a double buggy which is going to be the fun one to sort!
  • Options
    im not buying a buggy till baby is here and ive decided what to do, i bought a sling so i can use that for baby and my pushchair for imogen. i just cant bear them lol

i'll need no2 will us in our room till they sleep through so we need a small enough cot to fit... proving quite tricky.
  • Options
    I'm a terrible hoarder so have kept absolutely everything! Not so good now I'm blue and was pink last time, but it's just an excuse to do more shopping... imageD

I've been stocking up on the Tommee Tippee breast pads as they seem to be on offer at a few places, bought the cheap Asda nappies, a first baby gro... Need to decide on whether I'm buying a toddler bed or bunk beds for dd... Pram- trying to make do, so will see how I get on when ds is here!
  • Options
    oooh added more to my list

new changing mat

new sleeping bag (diff tog for no2 as spring baby!)

getting longer! yay! more shopping.

cheewky chops where are the TT breastpads on offer, theyre fab and i liked them the best.

princess summer, we've agreed if the hosp cant tell us... we wont have a private scan as its fate lol (or hubby being the money saver he is :lol: )

roll on 10th nov!!
  • Options
    lol men are so funny arent they!

i dont know how much gender scans are in my area...a lot i imagine! im keen to find out just from a practical side but i also loved the magic of knowing, just that rush of love for my baby girl image
  • Options
    Rosemary20uk, I got some for under ??3 in Tesco yesterday and think they're about that in Asda too...

Oh yes new changing mat required here too!
  • Options
    Ooooo.... Good thread!!! I love anything realted to shopping. So here is my list:

1. Double buggy - am sure i will pick the donkey even though im sure it will be a complete waste of money. BUT I LOVE IT!!!!

2. Cot

3. Mattres

4. Chest of drawers

4. Bedding - we are team blue this time so no pink bedroom. We have picked Jolly day out by Growbag so can't wait to order it!!!

5. Nursing chair

6. Clothes!!!!! Loads of them.

7. New bottles for expressing (all going to plan of course!)

8. New monitor - is anyone still using there's for their 1st? we have the angel care sensor pad one and I can't imagine not using it for DD!? Am i crazy!!

I think that is it. So much less than last time. I had a quick look in the loft yesterday to see if I had saved any of the more unisex stuff - but not really. I found 3 newborn babygrows and that was it!!! :lol:
  • Options
    i dont even have a monitor lol my house isnt big enough to need one! lol

i will go get some tt breastpads tomorrow, cheers!
  • Options
    Ooooh, this has got me thinking...

- basic clothing like vests - these are probably a bit grey now!!

- car seat (need to get stage 1, 2, 3 one so I can use my flipping family fix base)

- breast pads, lansinoh

- cotton wool pads

- nappies

- we need to redecorate the spare as it is currently bright pink & we want neutral!

- toddler bed & mattress so DS can go into that before no2 arrives

- gift for DS from new baby (BRIBE BRIBE BRIBE!!)

- sure there's loads more

- buggy board - *THINK* we're not getting a dbl...

As far as matresses go, do I need to get new ones for my Moses basket & cotbed? Seems like a right waste of money given how long each are used for - Moses basket esp as it was only used for a matter of weeks!

• Options
    We've got to get:

*Bed for dd

*New car seat for DD

*Chest of drawers

*Double buggy (don't want one, I have a baby bjorn carrier and a single, but I think we'll need one as dd wasn't heavy enough to go in the carrier until she was 8 weeks, so I don't want to run the risk!)

*Nappies

*Breast pads

*clothes if this one is a boy (we won't find out until they're here, but have loads of neutral stuff from dd already)

We've already bought

*Some nappies

*new vests

*carrycot for my Luna for when dd is at nurery

Ruth- I'm not buying a new mattress for the moses basket. DD was in it until she started rolling most of the way over at 12 weeks, but she was small so if I have a normal sized one this time I don't think I'll get as much use out of it. Not sure about the cotbed, part of me is thinking it's such a waste to throw the mattress out when it's only been used for 18 months but the other part of me is paranoid!!
  • Options
    im not getting a new moses mattress, was only used for downstairs anyway so not long at all.

we're getting a crib for upstairs tho as want baby with us for as long as poss, say 4-5 months.

i wont need a present will i for no1... she'll only be 18 months??
  • Options
    It's hard to tell isn't it Rosemary?! I'm personally all for getting the big brother/sister a gift, even at that age I think I would. I'm not 100% that Benjamin would understand now - he's 18 months - but I'm that worried about him feeling left out that I'dhave a go at anything! I'm also going to ask that grandparents/aunts etc buy my son a little pressie as well as/instead of the baby.

Xxx
  • Options
    maybe i should get her something new to play with so she is entertained when baby comes along?

she wont understand but we can try.
  • Options
    I've bought most of my stuff already!! image

As DD will have only just turned two, and baby will be in a seperate room from her, we're doing a whole other nursery, so have bought:

- cot bed (second hand)

- new cot bed mattress and cover sheet

- change table (gift from friends)

- double buggy (off ebay, amazing price and condition, and is double of my single so can re-use carrycot, car seat etc)

- change mats

- spare moses for parents house (second hand - have two mattresses from DD which I've put through washing machine)

- nappy bin and refills

- half a ton of newborn nappies/wipes/cotton wool/toiletries bought in last few months of Tesco shopping

- bottle teats in Boots/Asda baby promotions

- wall freizes/stickers, cot set, colour coordinated bits and bobs for nursery

- bookshelf, lamp, storage boxes etc from Argos

- rocking chair (again ebay)

Already have chest of drawers, bedding, toys etc in house or from DD. Only things left to get are buggy board which grandparents are buying and clothes if its a boy.

I'm a very organised person ha ha!!

• Options
    haha im buying nappies, wipes etc as we go, now have nappies for at least 3 months lol

got myself a crib from a friend which is ace image