Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Am I losing my mind???

I know it's common to feel a little down through pregnancy but I've got to the stage now that if people don't start taking an interest in the person carrying this baby opposed to the baby itself I'm going to lose it!

Everyday I get 'how's the baby?' but yesterday I lost my temper and said 'I don't know maybe you should ask him because he's not talking to me!!'

I don't know whether because I never planned the baby and it wasn't part of my plans for a good few years I'm struggling to deal with people lack of interest in the person that the womb belongs to! Thing is, I know it's only going to get worse and it scares me because what if this is the sign of postnatal depression!

There's not much chat about the negative feelings you get during pregnancy - am I alone in this??

Replies

• Hi,

G/C from Due in June, I had this when I was pg with dd and it got on my nerves. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though. Your hormones and feelings are going to be a bit all over the place for a while. Try and concentrate on the positives and not what others think and I hope you'll feel better soon.

I will warn you too that it doesn't change much after the baby is born. All people used to care aboutt was how our baby was and no-one seemed to give a crap about how me and my husband were anymore! But this also wears off once the novelty of a newborn does

x x x
  • oh babe, pregnant women become public property. And unless you stand up for yourself it wont stop. I always respond 'yes we're both well thank you' list my ailments for that day (haha) and then say if theyve been kicking or anything. Usually keeps old ladies happy.

I think people become oblivious to the fact we're not a frigging incubator, we are still people with feelings and lives of our own that dont revolve around our babies.

I dont sit on a lily pad eating grapes all day being fanned by my husband. No I have a 1 yr old and a life, this pregnancy is taking a bit of a back seat. Just the way it is.

Dont feel like your depressed, its normal to be a bit miffed when people ignore you as a person when you're pregnant.

much love xx