Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012

confessions!

stolen from DIJ!

i confess i stopped taking pregnacare at 18 weeks when i realised i hadnt pooped in 6 days *shudder*

i let my DD1 watch too much cbeebies so i can sit down and rest

i now buy her ready baby meals when my husband is on late shifts as i cant bare cooking still

TAKE AWAY is amazing and the cure for everything

i drink caffiene and have 1 alcoholic drink a fortnight. oh and i eat pate still image

Replies

• oh im jealous.

I soooo want pate. Why cant we eat it? i want to eat it at xmas!!

I too let my DD watch too much tv, for an easy life,lol
  • My mum does a yummy curried mushroom pate (with coconut bread, mmmmmm!), can post recipe if anyone wants as totally pregnant-lady friendly!!

As for TV & toddlers, I was really sick on Wednesday and my son literally spent the whole day infront of Shrek 1 & 3 & Cbeebies on demand.....naughty mummy but I did feel like death!

I'm a bit rubbish with my prenatals too, but I read something about vitamin D deficiency, especially in women up north during the winter - so not getting much sun - so that's scared me back into taking them!! Oh & I'll be back on my fish oils in third tri as I also read something about it increasing IQ level (in baby, I'm a lost cause :lol: ).

Xxx
  • I wonder if this was pinched from mumsnet- there's a pregnancy guilt amnesty on there at the moment lol (yes I just confessed to being on another parenting forum image )

Copied and pasted from there:

Caffine (inc far too much chocolate)

Too much junk food

Hot baths

Sleeping on my back - tbf though I can't help that when i'm asleep

Lugging heavy things around (namely DS)

The odd runny egg

Brie, though this has been cooked first which apparently is ok
  • oh yeh, i sleep on my back too!
  • i confess.... i too sleep on my back, still have hot baths and eat the odd runny egg!

oh yes and McDonalds 1/4 pounder with cheese.....i can't get enough of them!

Galaxy Chocolate, i sat and ate a whole BIG bar to myself sunday night....i did wash it down with a glass of milk so that makes it ok doesn't it....all that extra calcium :lol:
  • I've thought to hell with the calories and eaten maltesers and doritos until they're coming out of my ears. I've seen how fat my face is getting though so have tried to calm down a bit!

I saw a bottle of strawberry Bulmers in Asda last weekend and had to have it. Only drank 3/4 though as it gave me headache!

I carry things probably heavier than I should.

I've had the odd runny egg.

I dont sleep all night on my left side.

I have a pregnancy dvd and have done it about 4 times.

:roll:
  • I do pretty much everything you're not supposed to, although I am a good girl and take my vitamins every morning, even if they are cheapie Boots A-Z plus a folic acid tablet, none of this stupidly expensive Pregnacare for me!!

I eat runny and blue cheese, rare steak, runny eggs (who actually likes hard yolks?!!?), a glass or two of alcohol every few weeks when the desire takes me, sleep on my back (only position which doesn't aggrevate spd), carry half a ton of DD about, McDonalds till it comes out my ears, addicted to Dime bars...and the list goes on! x
  • all this tslk of maccy d's!! LUSH.
  • Oh Ruth77, Please can I have that recipe sounds sooo yummy!

Well my confessions are the same as everyone elses really. I have been alot more relaxed 2nd time around, ie allowing myself a small red wine on the odd occasion, mainly to save my blood pressure from rocketing after a tantrum filled toddler day!!
  • I like this!!

I haven't taken my vitamins since 17 weeks on the conclusion that they were keeping me awake!

I have a glass of Rose sprizer if needed (after a long weekend with the kids).

I use my car till it has hardly any petrol in then steal hubby's and then use that till its running on fumes, I also told hubby that the smell of pertol makes me really sick (lie)!!

I am forever lifting and throwing DS around who is over 2 stone!

I sometimes take all the washing to the laundrette for a service wash and also paid my neighbour to iron them, even though we're skint.

I ate nuts when I went for a chinese last week, even tho eldest has a nut allergy and some say I shouldn't (youngest doesn't and I ate them with him too).

Playhouse Disney is on most of the time during the day and I have also been skipping pages in books when reading to DS.

I think I will leave it there for now!!
  • I am new to this so have been quite a good girl I must confess!

However,

I was aiming to keep exercising lots but after starting work at 7:45 and not finishing till about 5 the last thing I want to do is go to the gym! (I will try to go more this week...promise!)

I do take my vitamins but not fish oils. Might introduce these later on.

I sleep on my right side because that is my side of the bed and can't bare to face OH (meany!)although I do wake up a lot and find myself on my back - probably woke up because I can no longer breathe!!

I've not booked my antenatal classes yet.

I have had the odd glass of wine and odd Costa Coffee - can't resist!

That's it really - boring.
  • Will post tomorrow Piahigsy when I'm not on my phone, it is yummy!!

I eat far too many sweets, especially dip dabs & candy cigarettes (now called candy sticks, yawn - where's the fun in that (kidding! )!

Xx
  • im having another indian take away... with so many poppadoms. nommy.
  • Ooo Rosemary I'm jealous!!! I love poppadums mmm!

I have the odd glass of wine- mostly red as out of the 3 I've told myself that's the best for me :lol: I'm also drinking a tad more caffeine this time round, but that's probably to keep me going as running around after an 18 month old isn't a walk in the park!

I am eating far too much rubbish as I didn't struggle to loose the baby weight last time... hmm think I will this time!!! I looked in the mirror the other day and my face looked as fat as the day I gave birth and I still have 15-17 weeks to go, not a good look!!! So trying to be a bit more good.

My house is a tip because hubby is just finishing his MSc and deadlines are looming and I'm just about treading water with the housework and stopping the invasion of the toys!

• This thread has made me feel soooo much better! Thank you all!

I too eat far too much rubbish.

I never do any exercise and don't do taking vitamin tables as I am hopeless at taking any tablets full stop! I had to force myself with the old folic stuff in early pregnancy!

I drink far too much coffee and always lift things I shouldn't.

I now send my little girl to school with a cheque for dinner money as I can't get myself out of bed early enough any more to do her packed lunch for school!

I soo want pate more than anything right now and am fighting the urge to have it over Christmas. Anyone think I'll be ok to treat myself over the festive period? I just have to have it!lol!

You guys have made my nightimage

Mrs Hugs x x
  • Awww I love this thread!

My partner is always shouting at me for carrying heavy things!

I haven't taken my pregnancy pills since about week 16

I eat crisps everyday even though I never ate them before

I lie in bed till 12pm and haven't tidied the house in weeks (I'm in bed now...)

I sleep in every position imaginable and have shunned my expensive pregnancy pillow

I'm obsessed with Starbucks Christmas drinks and refuse to ask for both decaf and skinny so I take it in turns - its either a skinny toffee nut latte no whip or a decaf toffee nut latte with whip!!

I still play with my partners parents dogs a bit too vigorously and can be found chasing them and jumping around in the park!

I drink wine - rarely but I do!

I can't even go a day without a cake!

I desperately want a runny egg and have now been inspired to have one!!!

I bake cakes and still lick the spoon even though it's all raw egg!

Awww satisfaction!!!
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread. I feel like I am not taking this pregnancy as seriously as I did with my first and I am being no where near as sensible!!!!

So here is my list:

I am sleep on my back (and sometimes on my side/front!!!!) and even though i'm still uncomfortable its the best of a bad night!

I give my DD her dummy and put the TV on just so we can have 5 minutes snuggled on the couch!

I carry DD, plus toys, bags, tesco shopping and everything else all in one go even though I know its too heavy but i can't be bothered to make too trips to the car.

Last night I ate a Massive bag of nuts and polished it off with half a tub of ben and jerrys.

I tell my husband I am too tired to cook but secretly i just want take out.

I give DD what ever she wants for lunch and dinner for a quiet life!

I eat rare (blue) steak and i've told my husband its allowed!

I only remember to take my vitamins half the time.

Oh man my list is so long and i could still write loads more... oops!!!

Thank you everyone for sharing - it has made me feel so much better!!!! :lol::lol:
  • love it!

we're all so naughty!!!

yesterday i had a whole share bag of maltesers, was delish. and today we had dominoes.