Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

wheres my bloom please??

raggggggggggggggh.

I look horrid, fat and spotty.

I have swelling and painful hands which i am concerned is the beginning of carpel tunnel.

i feel generally like i got hit by a bus, bunged up, exhausted to the point where my 1 yr old yelling doesnt wake me, and good lord are my hormones giving me problems, i spent 4 hrs this morning in tears begging hubby not to go to work.

wtf?

pregnancy no1 was a breeze, no2 is just getting me down image

Replies

• I've been feeling really hormonal recently. Got to work today and just wanted to cry! I'm also really tired all the time.

I'm still excited about the last trimester coming up though!
  • G/C but my 2nd pregnancy was definitely harder than the 1st with a lot more symptoms & the joys of a toddler around to keep me occupied. I too had a few days with DH at home because I really felt rough with BH cramps and/or nosebleeds. You're halfway there and the end result is worth it. Best wishes.
  • tell me about it! and this is only my first pregnancy, some mornings i wake up and just look fat not pregnant so then this gets me down, i was in tears like the drop of a hat over the weekend but because of really stupid things like my brake light on my car went and the cat scratched me! image
  • oh ladies big hugs all around!!

my husband reckons baby must have a big growth time i feel esp awful, lots of energy needed for baby not me.

i didnt cry today (well i did but it wasnt hormone related)

come on 3rd trimester, cant wait to have this baby, not feeling brilliant about pregnancy 2nd time around... doubt i'll have 3 at this rate.
  • Ahh, I know how you feel ladies. Especially when I see m collegue who is only a week and a half in front of me but she looks great!

At least we will have a gorgeous little one at the end of our pregnancies (or 2 in Nikki's case!) so I know it will be worth it but it's hard at times isn't it?

We'll get there ladies, together we'll find ourselves looking back and trying to remember what it was all like.

Hope you're all feeling a bit better this week xxx
  • oh dear well today isnt going well.

so far i woke up at 7am with my toddler and went back to bed as hubby did her bfast, then spent an hour on the sofa crying.

i feel so run down and awful, i dont know how to get myself out of it.

• Have you been tested for anemia? Being low on iron can make you feel a bit pants.

I know how you feel though. When I'm tired I turn into an emotional wreck! God help us when the babies come! x
  • i havent seen my MW since 16 weeks, need to see her soon but just havent made the appt image i actually dont want to.

ive now spent the whole day crying and i think my husband is getting very fed up.
  • Im an emotional psycho at the minute crying for no reason one minute and then snapping at my hubby the next. (To be fair he does get on my nerves more easily now)!

Im 25 weeks tomorrow and still not got much of a bump just look fat which doesnt help, now trying to get an outfit sorted for our Xmas doo, not an easy task!

Heres hoping things pick up soon, love to you all image xx
  • Oh Rosemary, sending you massive hugs, sorry you're feeling so rubbish & down. I totally am with you about 2nd time round, with my pregnancy with my son I floated through it, had no problems at all (other than my own anxiety!), this time round it is far harder. My son isn't sleeping well & I'm up at least once a night, though usually 2 or more times, then he wakes up around 6am....yawn!!

The thing that I do find that helps me to feel better emotionally is doing stuff - going for a walk, doing housework (!!), going shopping etc. At the moment I'm trying to sort Christmas out, have just sat & written a load of cards!

But I feel fat & generally crappy a lot of the time too but our babies will be here really soon, and Christmas will be wonderful this year for all us ladies - either the last relaxing one with no children, or a fantastic one of spoiling our beautiful little ones!! I'm waiting on a Boots online delivery (3 for 2 on toys plus extra points & 10% off!) and I can't wait for it to arrive so I can have a nosey then get them wrapped up! Then off to IKEA for their play kitchen image

Xxx
  • I can completely relate to you about 2nd pregnancies. With my first i seemed to bloom and managed to work full time. It was a real breeze and I had assumed it would be the same again.

This time I am struggling to keep going with my part time job and seem tired all the time. Some days I have had to cry I am so tired. My bump seems so much bigger than last time and am really getting annoyed when people seem to keep telling me!!!Seems so much harder with active toddlers to run round after. My ds is also having a "I love daddy" phase which makes me more emotional as he doesn't seem to want me! Just my pregnancy hormones I know!

Hope you are feeling a little better. Perhaps the blooming stage will hit us all but just a little late!!!

x

• I was asking this question today. I am 23 weeks now and look about 30 weeks pregnant! I am all bump and boobs!

I feel very large and very useless.

Had a cold for about 2 weeks and finding teaching very tiring. Not sure I will last till 24th Feb.

I planned on eating healthily and keeping active but I've not been doing much at all.

Seeing midwife on Friday so will have a moan to her.

Feeling baby so much now...it's wonderful but she always want to kick about when I am about to go to bed! :/

Can't wait to finsih for Christmas in 2 and a half weeks!
  • hugs!!!

i am pretty big image i look way more pregnant than i am and it annoys me when folk point it out... like i dont realise.

i stupidly assumed 2nd pregnancy would be as wonderful but its not, i cant wait for it to be over, how terrible is that?

also my appetite is all over the place... i eat all day one day and the next i eat a bag of crisps.

i try to eat healthy but i fail a lot as its easier when im alone to eat crap :roll: