Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

large bump measured!

Hi all

Saw my midwife today. She measured my bump (24 weeks) and I am in the upper percentile. She said it feels like a lot of water...I hope so!! I have only put on 12lbs so far so not piling it on really. Just got a big bump!! Lol!

Back is killing me and I walk funny...was determined not to be like that but can't help it.

Hope everyone else is ok?

Replies

• Options
    i sound similar, ive put on 13 lbs and am mostly water

was with no1 too, she was only 6lbs6oz but my bump was massive! when my waters went they gushed for a whole hour!
  • Options
    oh dear. I best get some plastic sheeting in then...lol! She was talking about labour today...scary! : (
  • Options
    I saw my midwife today too but she said she won't measure my bump until next time, she just felt it and said it was fine! I've put on over a stone with the amount of junk I consume so I'll prob have a 10 pounder! X
  • Options
    ah u never know when ur waters will go if they do, mine went in the middle of the night but luckily i was up anyway so no mattress ruined! hurrah!

a stone is a good amount for half way angel, thats how much ive put on so far.
  • Options
    Just wanted to say re: waters breaking in boots they sell disposable maternity mats a bit like the ones you get for toddlers. With DS I had one on the bed and the rest spare for either the car or post natal yuck.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that only about 10% of water's break before the onset of contractions, so you hopefully you should have some warning Sophie! image

• Options
    I think I will get some just incase - don't want to have to buy a new matress amongst everything else. Thanks for the tip for Boots. x