Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How are we all getting on? :)

Hi girls,

????

Thought it would be nice to have a catch-up post!

????

I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going, I start third trimester tomorrow and apparently my baby has a 95% chance of survival if he/she is born now. I remember last time I was pregnant that time dragged so much, but this time it is just FLYING! I have lovely varicose veins and a few aches and pains but am actually feeling a bit better, I've started putting on weight - didn't gain anything until about 24 weeks and have now put on about 8lbs in 3 weeks - eeeeeeek!!!! 8lbs overall doesn't sound bad, but in 3 weeks?!?!?!?!? I'm just back from a physio appointment where she realligned my hips again. It does seem to be helping and other than (and I do not exagerate!) AGONISING pain when I turn over in bed, get out/in bed????or get up in the evening from the sofa, my pelvic pains are LOADS better image. Oh, and I????my consultant wants me to have????a growth scan at 29+2 (for no reason, growth has been perfect up to now) - I'm so excited about seeing my baby again!!

????

I'm almost sorted for Christmas, my????cards were sent on????Friday,????the trees went up this weekend, I am wrapping tomorrow & Wednesday morning I'm off????to the Trafford Centre to get my final bits (hopefully!). Normally I'm rubbish at being organised for Christmas but as I am still off work (& have been since 17th October!!!!!!!!) I've had chance to be organised image. Our christmas plans have changed now and instead of going up to my parents (2hrs drive away), we are staying in Manchester and having friends round. I am so excited about us staying at home and my son being able to have all his toys laid out, but I now have to cook Christmas dinner - and I'm not a great cook.....!!

????

Anyway, enough of my chattering on, how are you all? How much weight gain? Any cravings? Sorted for Christmas yet? Aches and pains?

????

Hope you're all well and looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing!

????

Replies

• Yay for you reaching the third trimester! I reached V Day yesterday image

I've put on about a stone and a half eeek! I just cant stop eating chocolate and crisps and they're the things that give me heartburn! Apart from that I've no complaints apart from work is really getting on my nerves and cant wait for the 16th when I finish for 2 weeks!

I'm really excited about the coming weeks though, cant wait to have my baby but then no doubt I'll miss being pregnant so I'm trying not to wish the time away! x
  • it's flying this time for me too, I think with having a toddler and working means that you don't have time to think about being pregnant! I'm 24 weeks on Friday and don't know where the time has gone. We're not at all ready for this one, or for Christmas!!

My SPD hasn't got much worse thankfully, although yesterday evening I couldn't walk for about half an hour which was a bit scary! I've got the first of my growth scans on 4 January and then again on 17 February so get to see baby twice more!!

I'm worrying a bit about how I'll cope with two though as dd is going through a very difficult phase at the moment with night waking and the thought of having two not sleeping through is scaring me a bit.
  • i reached 24 weeks on Saturday and so far have put on about a stone....i can't help it the baby wnats junk food! lol

i am still constantly tired could sleep all night wake up in the morning and then sleep all day! plus i am feeling extra sorry for myself as i have come down with a cold, i was also sick last week which was strange? i almost forgot what it was like to have ms!

i am just looking forward to packing up for xmas now, although i have to work right up to the 23rd image everyone at work is just getting on my nerves i have no patience for anyone anymore....roll on the start of maternity leave!

on the plus side i am all sorted for Christmas, cards are written and out, presents bought and wrapped and christmas tree is up...i can put my feet up for the next three weeks now, ha i wish!

Have my next mw appointment on Friday so looking forward to that, hearing bubbas heart beat and finally sorting my maternity leave with work, they refuse to do anything until they have my MAT B1 form!

hope your all ok xxx
  • Hi ladies, a nice idea to do updates Ruth. I love to see how everyone is getting on. Pleased to see you ladies so far are not doing too bad so i will not turn this into a negative thread by posting my update yet as my work are making everything into a nightmare! Tears for an hour today but like I say, another story.

As I am one of the last for march am thinking we've all reached v-day and some are just coming to 3rd trimester now! Congratulations to us all for getting this far and happy and healthy times wished for you all until our little ones arrive! Xx
  • I'm 27 weeks now and can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is progressing compared to last time. Ruth77uk, I can beat you there, I've been off since 5th October imageD, but looks like I'll be going back after Christmas for the grand total of 4 weeks before mat leave. I think it's certainly made this pregnancy easier being off work and DD still at childminders for 2 days a week.

This baby is a very active wriggler, I just hope he isn't too hyoeractive when he makes an appearance!!! I weighed myself the other day and have put a lot more weight on than I wanted to, but hard to know how much is baby and how much is the treats I've been allowing myself maybe a bit too frequently...

I am having quite a bit of pelvic pain, but the docs response is just to take paracetamol :evil:

Almost finished the Christmas shopping, most things are wrapped and cards were posted last week.

Before we know it the forum will be full of birth announcements and birth stories yikes!!!! image

• Good to see that everyone is getting on fine so far!

Im 26 weeks now and cant believe just how quickly it has went in but I suppose that Christmas has made it come in that bit quicker. Which I must say I am impressed how organised I am this year as only have a few bits to get and the cards are all written and ready to send.

One thing I am finding a bit stressful though is what to wear to the office party next week? I havent got a huge bump but want to wear something flattering so I can still mix in with the skinny non pregnant girls in the office! I must say im not overly impressed with the lack of high street shops having maternity sections, and the ones that do only seem to start at a size 8. Not great for a petite size 6!

Apart from that I cant wait until March, lots of big changes in our family as my parents are moving back from Oz to be closer to their first grandchild. Not sure how long it will be for but will be fab having them close by again as they emigrated 4 years ago! My dad will fly in and out on business but I will have my mum all to myself which will be very helpful in the early days.

Anyway before I take up a full page I best get back to work image

Roll on Matty leave!!

xx
  • Lovely to hear how you are all doing image

I am 25 weeks and feeling fine- hoping this will last into the third trimester!

I have been craving lots of junk but not sure how much weight I have put on as we are moving house and have no scales at the moment. Do you all get weighed by your midwives? I might ask at my next visit.

I have finished my Xmas shopping- I'm never normally this organised but the Internet has helped. Planning on writing my Xmas cards this week- so impressed that some of you have already done yoursimage

Really enjoying being pregnant but can't wait to meet my little one- March feels so far away, but I'm sure once Xmas is over, March will be here before we know it image xx
  • Nice to hear how everyone is getting on.

I am 24 weeks now and feeling very full of baby! I am still feeling a bit sick in the mornings and am sometimes actually sick...so annoying! Indegestion is a constant annoyance but the big bottle of gaviscon helps ; )

I have put on almost 1 stone but this is mainly bump and boobs. I was measure the other day: used to be a healthy 34D and now I measure 36/38E!!! They actually rest on my bump!

I am not feeling great. Feel tired a lot and cannot be bothered with work. Don't finish till 24th feb so got another full term of school yet : ( Bump feels very uncomfortable, especially at night; very tight and like I am going to explode!

Started Yoga yesterday. Hope it helps with labour?!

Got most Christmas presents and will write cards this week. Shopping is hard work, don't you think?

Just want to eat rubbish all the time but try not too.

About dresses: I bought a lovely fitted black dress from Asos online. They have quite a few at reasonable prices. It is very annoying that shops have hardly anything in - I may change my career and become a maternity clothes designer coz I think I could do a better job in some cases!!

Sorry for long post image
  • Hi everyone,

Wow, once xmas is out the way March will be in here in no time eeek. Then I actually do need to start getting organised!

Im not feeling too great at the moment :cry: Im not sure whats happened to my body but basically my muscles from my calves, up to my arms feel like they have been ripped badly, I can hardly walk or lift a glass etc!

I had a little cry about it yesterday, im not sure if its just where ive been trying not to strain my stomach in bed (as my tummy feels like its being ripped open at the moment) so overcompensating with my arms etc..I mentioned it to the Dr but he didnt seem to even listening and muttered that it might be a virus perhaps and to come back in 3 weeks.

On the plus side I was super organised this year with xmas so have no shopping to do woo hoo just enjoying eating mince pies whilst bouncing on my birthing ball image
  • Lovely to hear how everyone is doing!

A-Nonny-Mouse, I'm feeling anxious about having 2 as well. My son is 20 months and is a total mummies boy. Which, to be honest, I have loved (that sounds awful!), but I am really worried about how he is going to react when a needy newborn arrives home. Also, he too has dodgy sleeping - at the moment it is good and he goes nearly 12 hours with the occasional moan but generally sleeps through, however his sleep tends to be the first thing to go haywire when something changes, so I'm thinking the first few weeks of no2 coming home are going to be hardwork.

Cheekychops10, oh my goodness, can't believe you've been off for so long! I thought mine was bad!Are you looking forward to going back, even if it is brief? I'm desperate to go back but no one from work will respond to me or my union...

Chervandy, did you find a dress? Next had a lovely one, black with quite a bit of lace, not sure if they do it down to a 6 mind. Hope you did find something!

Piahigsy, that sounds rough. Do you think it is worth going back to the dr at the start of next week if it is no better? What kind of a virus has that effect on your muscles?! Keep thinking of that mushroom pate recipe, will PM it to you now whilst I think of it, sorry for being so crap!!

XXX
  • I must say I didn't expect to be off for this long and the thought of going back is quite daunting even if it will 'only' be for four weeks...

It's ridiculous that they're not getting back to you! I know they have insurances for absent teachers, but surely they'd rather have their own staff in?! It can't be that hard to sort you out with your own room.

• hi girls lovely to hear you are all doing so well! im 26 + 3 today and feeling really good, cant beleive im nearly in the 3rd trimester, its gone so quick, im almost done for xmas nearly all presents sorted just trying to find time to go and buy the rest, working in retail is so hard as i seem to work more hours at this time of year.

work is getting a bit stressful as i find that im just not motivated to be there and i still havnt even had a risk assement which isnt good but cant be bothered pushing for it, ive asked enough times, i go on mat leave on 3rd feb and cant wait, january will go quick hopefully and soon it'll be march and we'll all have our babies here!

xx
  • Lovely to hear how everyone is getting on.

I am 26 weeks now and am finding I am tired most of the time. Baby is kicking lots and my ds loves to give my bump lots of cuddles and kisses which is just so lush! Had a stressful week as my 2 week old nephew has been in intensive care with a chest infection. Makes you really appreciate what you have.

We have been quite organised for Christmas this year and I can't wait to break up from school on Wednesday!!

xxx
  • Hi ladies, I know I'm a bit late with the update - not quite sure what's happened to the first half of December!

It's lovely to hear how you're all getting on image

I'm now 25+1 and I'm finally feeling pregnant if you know what I mean, with a noticeable bump that people have started to notice. Even though I've felt the baby kicking for 9 weeks now it's nice to obviously look pregnant and not just chubby!

Hubby has decided that I actually have an alien growing in my tummy as the baby is now strong enough that when he kicks my whole tummy moves. I think he's expecting something to burst out at any moment! :lol:

Getting pretty fed up with the midwives at my hospital at the moment though. For starters not seen the same one twice so no continuity. And it turns out I have high platelets and they seem so scared of saying anything that might upset me that they just aren't telling me anything. So everything I've found out is thanks to good old Dr Google...! But I'm going to the obstetric haematology at the start of January so hopefully they'll actually answer some of my questions.

Looking forward to Christmas, especially as it'll be the last 'grown up' one as a couple for a long time. Although don't get me wrong, I am so looking forward to xmas next year image

Roll on March!
  • Hi Everyone I have not been on here much so busy at the moment with work image

Anyway I am now 26 + 2 this little one is very busy kicking me all the time, pretty much ready for christmas my little girl is very excited this christmas will be so special

hope everyone is keeping well

xx
  • I'm 27 weeks now and have been discharged back to the community midwife from the hospital and am now back at work! I'm feeling fine- quite hormonal with tears a lot and I've gained a hell of a lot of weight but I've refused to weigh myself from the start so I don't know how much exactly!

Baby boy is kicking me routinely - mainly in the mornings between 9-10! Other half loves it and giggles every time the baby kicks him with makes me happy!

Works ok- I work in retail so it's crazy at the moment but nothing I'm not used to! Means I'm not much looking forward to Christmas as I work all of it except the actual day!

Problems with our new home means weve had to change from a 2 bed to a 3 which is super stressful and we were meant to have the keys by now but they've all broke up now so it's been pushed back!!! I just want to move!!! :cry:

All in all, stressful!!!