Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

SPD ouch! any ideas?

Been to physio today because of my SPD.

In actual fact it has been so good lately that I was half concidering cancelling appontment as I could do with out hassle of taking toddler to hospital etc... but went in the end anyway.

Turns out maybe I shouldn't have! image

Don't know if it was the pressing and twisting and prodding she did or what, but now I'm back home it hurst like *** again. And it really has not been like this for ages.

Got a bump belt on which they gave me. Could it just be a reaction the the new distribution of the weight you think? Like it's something body needs to get used to and then after a while it will benefit me?

Hmmm ot sure wether to keep wearing it or take it off??

Any ideas?

Replies

• I went to the physio a few times due to hip/pelvic problems earlier in this pg. They realigned my hips each time and it REALLY helped - I only have problems rolling over at night or getting up from lying down. The physio did say that it could temporarily make it worse - for that night/the next morning, so maybe it is that?
  • Is your pain constant? I have a bump belt to but it actually makes me feel more uncomfortable if I'm just sitting about at home etc but it's great if I'm walking anywhere, even just to the cornor shop! I'd give it until the morning and hopefully it will settle down. Sometimes that's the thing with Physio sessions that they do make it worse before it feels better. image

Don't know if your hospital do it, but my community midwife referred me to an aromotherapy massage session with the midwife team at the hospital when I was really struggling before Christmas with my lower back and hip pain. It did help and felt really relaxing. It took an hour and cost me ??10, so much better than any other pregnancy massage and being given by a trained midwife made me feel safe that they really knew what they were doing. I'm going again this Friday even though the pain is not too bad at the moment it was that good! Could be worth asking about?

Hope it eases soon xx