Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Proud owner of a BUGABOO DONKEY!!

Completely pointless self indulgent post BUT OMG I love it!!!!!! We went for black base with a pink hood and a blue hood so a side each - it looks amazing and we managed to wangle 10% off!! We pick it up friday and I cannot wait to use it - it does work as a single also so its not like I would be pushing round a double with only one baby in it - justified... I think so!!!

Have been on a spending mission - got nappies and wipes delivered from the baby event. Ordered all the room decoration and cot bedding - although do need a decorated room and cot to put it in!!! :lol:

I am getting organised finally and boy does it feel good!!! Roll on March!

Replies

• Ahhh, I'm jealous, the donkeys are lovely!! Good work on getting organised too, I'm slowly getting there, just really the washing of the clothes and packing of the hospital bag to do! And sorting out all the stuff we have got down from the loft from last time and piled in the spare room wardrobe! Not sure where it's all going to go.....!

• I am beyond excited about collecting it!!! Just gutted I've got to wait a couple of months before using it!! image

I know what you mean about getting stuff out the loft; we have loads of stuff up there but I just have no real idea what!!! So really need to get sorting through it - However, we could be exchanging on our house this week, or early next week so i'm in no mans land in terms of not wanting to make a mess before potentially moving it all!!!! imageimage Complete Nightmare!!!!!
  • Oh and Hospital bag... haven't even thought about it. Although I think I need to, if we could be moving in the next couple of weeks, we'll have stuff everywhere and i'll probably go into labour knowing my luck!!!
  • Oh my goodness, can't believe you're moving house now - poor you, what a stress, toddler, pregnant and moving house, eeek! At least you'll be in and unpacked by the time your blue bump arrives and you'll be in your beautiful new house! Hospital bag I WILL be sorting next week, we are going away this weekend so are using the case I will take to hospital with me. So as soon as we're back I will (WILL!!!) get packing..... Oh yeah, and I will also sort loft stuff! x
  • I know we must be crazy!!! But at least it should be sorted by next week and we'll know whats going on!!!

We're actually moving in with my Mum and Dad until we organise a new house for us - we sound completely bonkers i know but our previous sale fell through the day of exchange so we didn't want to have any more heartache having proceeded with another house if ours fell through again!!! I'm trying to think of the positives of home cooking and having my washing done... but a family of 4 moving back in with your parents!!! I MUST BE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are inspiring me though to get my bum in gear!!! As soon as they confirm next week whats going on i'm getting my bag out and getting a list together - a suitcase full of maternity pads here i come!!! :lol:
  • LOL, I just bought another pack of maternity pads today. I now have 8 packs and 300 nursing pads. Crickey, I just assume I'll be able to BF again, if not I'll have to find an alternative use for them, my son is really into stickers at the moment so I'm sure we could use them for crafts :lol: .

It must have been devestating your sale falling through on the day of exchange, the process of buying/selling houses in England is CRAP! How on earth can that be allowed to happen? My BIL & SIL live in SA and they have just bought a house that they don't even exchange on till December 2012 but it's all signed and sealed now. Moving in with your parents will definitely be a culture shock but how brilliant to have that live-in help with your two children!!

I've just come from the MW who told me although baby is head-down, he/she isn't "right down". Boooo, my son was engaged at about 31 weeks. So now I have lost any vague feelings of urgency. Pee'd off, had loads to do but am sat with marshmallows, M&Ms and strawberry cables and refuse to move until 4.30pm when I get my son from nursery!!

Sorry for the moan!

• LOL!!!!! Crafts - too funny!!! My DD is so into cutting and sticking at the moment too that it made me laugh even more!

Everytime I go to the supermarket they are always sold out - so i don't have any yet!!! But I will be stocking up just the same - I never realised last time how many I was going to need and trying to organise a Husband to do that sort of thing it not good!!!

Our house fell through last time on the Wednesday and we got our BFP on the Saturday so it was a completely emotional wreck week!! We didn't know what was going on!! But we've signed all the paperwork again ready to exchange next week so I am really just keeping everything crossed that it works for us! You are so right though about it being a rubbish process - its so unfair!!!

And don't worry about not engaging yet - i think they say second time round your muscles are a lot "looser" so they have more space to move so they're not as likely to get in position so early. Some days i think we might be head down because of where i get hiccups but i'm not 100% convinced! 1.5 weeks till i'm seen for 34 week check so we'll see!!!