Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm free :D

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to share my joy at my first day off work today image I have taken 2 weeks holiday before my mat leave starts on 20th Feb and it feels great not to be going to work anymore, not having to wait for the alarm this morning was bliss!

guess more of you will be finishing soon image

Replies

• Oh I am sooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!! I had the worst nights sleep yesterday - kept tossing and turning all night but obviously so big had to physically wake up to toss and turn myself over!!! image

Only 12 more working days for me!!! And Wednesday is my last day of the week so getting there - slowly but surely!!

Enjoy your peace!!! image
  • not long for me either, my last day is 17th Feb...but as of last week i have been using some holiday to take mondays off so only working a 4 day week which is nice, plus thursday before my last day is my first parentcraft class sooooo i only have 9.5 working days left, wooohooo can't wait to not have to get up! mind you last couple of mondays i have half woken up as Hubby has been getting up for work then need to pee so then you are up and about but still nice to be able to go back to bed after image
  • Hurrah!!! Enjoy your maternity leave, is this no1 for you MagicMerlin? I loved my mat leave before the baby arrived with my son, such a lovely time to relax and do things that you won't be able to do much once the baby arrives. I used to go swimming everyday, swim for 30 minutes then read my book in the warm pool for ages after image .

• image woo hoo! Enjoy to everyone now on mat leave.

Love the swimming and book idea Ruth!
  • I have 12 working days left and a week off for half term in between! Can't wait because getting tired at work now and have a constantly aching back image can't wait to be able to read my books, go swimming every day and catch up on sky plus!
  • G/C - due in july - I'm well jealous! I've got another five months of work yet, sigh!

Enjoy this time, soon be baby time image exciting times!

Xxx
  • Yay for finishing work! I've been off since the 4th January (medical leave because the head teacher wouldn't make ea few minor changes - their loss was my gain!) and I was worried that I'd get bored being off that early but I have to say I'm so glad I've had the time to rest and take it easy when I've had a bad night's sleep - which is nearly every night now. image

I went swimming for the first time yesterday and it was nice to do it although it made me so tired! I might take a book too next time. Thanks for the tip!

What else has everyone else got planned for their time off? x
  • woo hoo! Enjoy to everyone now on mat leave.

Love the swimming and book idea Ruth!

DO IT!!

• Thanks ladies,

yes Ruth it is my first baby so decided to take the extra time off to relax before the chaos begins haha

I've just been doing some cleaning, clearing out drawers etc over the last 2 days, got a busy week next week with NCT classes and meeting friends for dinner so just relaxing til then.

So nice to just not have to get dressed and rush to work at 6.30, the weeks are passing so fast now and I can't believe I will have a baby soon image