Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Clothes

Hi Ladies,

Well I have now washed all of of the baby's clothes and the sheets/blankets etc. Just been going through everything as we were given a lot of clothes from a friend who's daughter only wore them once or twice, some not at all, and are of varying sizes from newborn through to 6-9months. I've decided to put everything bigger than 0-3 away in boxes under the cotbed, but now I'm looking at what we have I don't know that we have enough!

How many vests/sleepsuits do you have in newborn and 0-3? I've packed 6 vests and 6 sleepsuits plus an additional one to use for that first one as midwife said that will need changing after a few hours and I'm looking at being in for 2-3 days. This only leaves me with 3 more sleepsuits, 4 long sleeved vests and 2 short sleeved ones at home with just a few little outfits. Do I need more stuff?!

Looking forward to hearing your opinions ladies! x

Replies

• i personally have 12 of everything. not including jumpers or trousers but i have about 8-10 of those.

u loose a lot of items to sick and poo.

xx
  • I haven't even got that much! Lol! I am having a baby shower next week so will see what I get ; )
  • G/C from BIJuly 2011

Just thought I'd let you know what we had before baby came along.

We didn't find out the sex of our little girl at our scans, so I only bought neutral babygrows. Matilda was 8lb 3oz at birth and we had:

8 newborn sleepsuits

10 newborn short sleeved vests

10 0-3 sleepsuits

10 0-3 short sleeved vests

This was plenty. She was in the newborn stuff for about a month - 6 weeks (she did lose quite a bit of weight in the first week though so I'm sure that extended it).

I didn't buy any outfits as I knew when people knew whether she was a boy or girl & came to visit they would bring things - they brought loads!

I stayed in hospital for a week after the birth, and as I didn't have much to do or keep me occupied I didn't have many nappy leaks that week as I was changing her all the time lol.

We only used sleepsuits for dressing her for the first couple of weeks, easy for us and comfy for her, I would say you can never have too many and if you are unsure about having enough just get an extra pack of sleepsuits and vests - you may find keeping up with the washing tricky in the first few weeks with baby.

Good luck ladies... makes me broody thinking you're all getting ready for new bundles image Enjoy xx