Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Movement at 35+ weeks

Hi ladies

Just after some comparisons really on how much movement you're getting these days? I seem to have "busy" days and then quieter days and don't know whether I should be concerned on the quieter days?

I still get probably movements every hour and various rounds of hiccups so its not that I don't feel him at all - its just not as often as the busy days!!!

Sorry - this post is a bit waffly and typically I'm sitting here typing feeling like baby is going to push straight through my belly button!! :roll:

Replies

• Hiya

I think the thing to remember is it's all about what is normal for your baby and not all babies. My lo has been very very active since 30 weeks and she still is but there are longer periods of sleep and when she moves it is more wriggling from side to side than kicks as I think she is restricted now bless her.

I think you should still feel at least 10 clear movements in 24 hours and if you think it is out of character for your baby then call the MAC but at this stage they do have less room.

• My little monkey is still really active. The kicks she gives me make me jump sometimes and I have to put a hand on my bump to cushion them! All babies are bound to be different though xx
  • i'm the same i have 'party' days and then days when she is much more quieter but still the 10 movements in 12 hours you are supposed to monitor....my lo gets loads of hiccups too but the mw has told me these are not to be classed as movements. Same as everyone else has said you know your baby and all babies are different if you are at all worried ring your mw....that's what they are there for after all.
  • i have active and quiet days, today is def an active day!!

they will be winding down their activity now-ish anyways so dont worry if u have more quiet than loud.

long as u have ur 10 movements xx
  • Typically since I wrote this thread I have had a "Busy" day EVERYDAY!!!!

Last night i thought arm/foot was going to appear from below - it hurt so much!!!! :lol::lol:

I'm seeing the midwife today anyway so i'm still going to mention it and see what she says - I do wonder sometimes if its not the baby that has so much of a quiet day, but I have a busy day so I just don't notice so much so I panic!!!

Oh the worrying never stops does it? From the day you find out you are pregnant for the rest of their life there is also something you worry about!!!!