Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012

Birth story :-)

I know this is already on FB but for those who aren't on...

Birth story - The day labour started (18th feb), we'd had a busy-ish day - at the trafford centre in the morning, then when benjamin had his nap we ended up DTD, we went for a walk to the park and on the way back got caught in a sudden hailstorm with MASSIVE hailstones! We ended up running back (waddle!) and I was soaked so decided to have a bath at about 5.45pm. Alex put Benjamin in with me at about 6.15pm, and mild contractions started in the bath at approx 6.30pm. All the way through my labour they were only lasting about 30 seconds every 2-4 minutes. We put Benjamin to bed as normal, sorted house, wrapped his gifts from the baby. We called Alex's parents at around 8.00pm (to come and sleep over for Benjamin) as the contractions were starting to get more painful. They arrived at about 9.15pm. We left for the hospital at approx 11.15pm - not a nice drive, I was in the back on hands and knees. Then our exit off the motorway was shut to roadworks!! Triage at 12.05am said I was 6-7cm dilated and called the birthing suite MW's - Lynne & Margaret. I got in the pool at about 12.30am (brief blissful feeling!), had a few more contractions, then he was born after 4-5 pushes at 1.08am (13 minutes of 2nd stage) weighing 6lbs13oz. I needed a few stitches for a labial tear (OUCH image ) and had the weirdest d????j????-vu experience whilst she was stitching me up after having too much G&A! Baby's heart-rate was going up a bit high so at about 5.30am we got transferred to a ward unfortunately. That wasn't the best experience but thankfully we were discharged by 1.30pm. He is latching on brilliantly and feeds like a pro. Benjamin has been AMAZING with his new baby brother - so fascinated but very gentle (most of the time!). Not at all jealous, I'm so proud of him!

Replies

• YAY!!!! Our first Birth story!!!! And its such a good one!!

I'm writing down all those tips.... dtd, walking, bath!!!

Congratulations to you all!!! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time and everything is brill!!! imageimageimageimage
  • Ahhh, congratulations Ruth! That was all quite quick, but apart from the tear seems like it all went well. So glad you have your little one home safe and sound and that he is feeding well. Did you think he was going to come early? It's all very exciting! image xxx
  • Good God!!!! A baby!!!!

Yeayyyyyyyyy!

Congratulations!

So glad it all ended well. You sound so totally pro and chilled about the whole thing.

I'm totally going to milk the whole thing and make a big deal of it in my birth story, you'll see!! Hi hi! :lol:
  • G/c but yay and congrats again hunni! Xxx